Bike shelter access card
Brisbane City Council provides bicycle shelters for storing bicycles at public transport interchanges across Brisbane including:
- Westfield Carindale - Carindale Street, near the corner of Banchory Court, opposite Westfield Carindale bus interchange
- Westfield Chermside - adjacent to the bus interchange on the corner of Gympie and Hamilton Roads
- Westfield Garden City - adjacent to the Garden City busway station and opposite the David Jones car park
- Mt Ommaney Centre - adjacent to the bus interchange and opposite the Mt Ommaney Library.
To use a Council bike shelter, you will need to apply for an access card and pay a refundable deposit of $36.50.
Access cards are available to people 18 years old and over. A parent or guardian can apply for an access card for a child. The card is valid for 12 months, from 1 July each year. The card must be renewed on an annual basis prior to 30 June.
Applying for a card
To apply for a card, complete a:
Applications can be made in person at any of Council's Customer Centres.
|North||Level 1, 375 Hamilton Road, Chermside|
(above Chermside Library)
|South||665 Fairfield Road, Yeerongpilly|
(opposite Yeerongpilly Railway Station)
Westfield Carindale Shopping Centre
1151 Creek Road, Carindale
Indooroopilly Shopping Centre
322 Moggill Road, Indooroopilly
|Central||Library and Customer Centre|
Level 1, 266 George Street, Brisbane
You will need to present the following documentation to get a card:
- photo identification (for example, current driver’s licence, passport, 18 plus card or student card)
- proof of current address (for example, utility bill or bank statement)
The refundable deposit of $36.50 can be paid by cash, EFTPOS or credit card.
Replacement access card
The cost of a replacement access card is $36.50. If you require a replacement please follow the process for applying for an access card.
To apply for renewal of your bike shelter access card, complete a Bike shelter access application/renewal form and email the completed form to Council.
Phone Council on 07 3403 8888 if you need further assistance.
Refund of deposit
To obtain a refund of deposit (i.e. cancel your access card), complete a:
Visit Council to lodge your form in person with your access card.
Your deposit will be refunded by EFTPOS deposit, or by way of cheque. Refunds can only be delivered to the original applicant.