Bike shelter access card
Brisbane City Council provides bicycle shelters for storing bicycles at public transport interchanges across Brisbane including:
- Westfield Carindale - Carindale Street, near the corner of Banchory Court, opposite Westfield Carindale bus interchange
- Westfield Chermside - adjacent to the bus interchange on the corner of Gympie and Hamilton Roads
- Westfield Garden City - adjacent to the Garden City busway station and opposite the David Jones car park
- Mt Ommaney Centre - adjacent to the bus interchange and opposite the Mt Ommaney Library.
To use a Council bike shelter, you will need to apply for an access card and pay a refundable deposit of $35.30.
Access cards are available to people 18 years old and over. A parent or guardian can apply for an access card for a child. The card is valid for 12 months, from 1 July each year. The card must be renewed on an annual basis prior to 30 June.
Applying for a card
To apply for a card, complete a:
Applications can be made in person at any Regional Business Centre or at the library closest to each shelter.
|Shelter location||Library to lodge application||Regional Business Centre|
|Carindale||Carindale Library, Westfield Carindale, 1151 Creek Road, Carindale||East|
|Chermside||Chermside Library, 375 Hamilton Road, Chermside||North|
|Garden City||Garden City Library, Westfield Garden City, Corner of Logan and Kessels Road, Upper Mt Gravatt||East|
|Mt Ommaney||Mt Ommaney Library, Mt Ommaney Shopping Centre, 171 Dandenong Road, Mt Ommaney||West|
You will need to present the following documentation to get a card:
- photo identification (for example, current driver’s licence, passport, 18 plus card or student card)
- proof of current address (for example, utility bill or bank statement)
The refundable deposit of $35.30 can be paid by cash, EFTPOS or credit card.
Replacement access card
The cost of a replacement access card is $35.30. If you require a replacement please follow the process for applying for an access card.
To apply for renewal of your bike shelter access card, complete a:
Renewals can be made by phoning Council on 07 3403 8888 or by emailing a completed copy of your form.
Refund of deposit
To obtain a refund of deposit (i.e. cancel your access card), complete a:
Visit Council to lodge your form in person with your access card.
Your deposit will be refunded by cheque in the name of the original applicant within 30 working days.