Bike shelter access card
Brisbane City Council provides bicycle shelters for storing bicycles at public transport interchanges across Brisbane including:
- Westfield Carindale - Carindale Street, near the corner of Banchory Court, opposite Westfield Carindale bus interchange
- Westfield Chermside - adjacent to the bus interchange on the corner of Gympie and Hamilton Roads
- Westfield Garden City - adjacent to the Garden City busway station and opposite the David Jones car park
- Mt Ommaney Centre - adjacent to the bus interchange and opposite the Mt Ommaney Library.
To use a Council bike shelter, you will need to apply for an access card.
Access cards are available to people 18 years old and over. A parent or guardian can apply for an access card for a child. The card is valid for 12 months, from 1 July each year. The card must be renewed on an annual basis prior to 30 June.
Applying for a card
To apply for a card, complete a:
Visit Council to lodge your form in person with a refundable deposit of $32.45.
You will need to present the following documentation to get a card:
- photo identification (for example, current driver’s licence, passport, 18 plus card or student card)
- proof of current address (for example, utility bill or bank statement)
Deposits can be paid by cash, EFTPOS or credit card.
Applications can be made in person at any Regional Business Centre or at the library closest to each shelter.
|Shelter location||Library to lodge application||Regional Business Centre|
|Carindale||Carindale Library, Westfield Carindale, 1151 Creek Road, Carindale||East|
|Chermside||Chermside Library, 375 Hamilton Road, Chermside||North|
|Garden City||Garden City Library, Westfield Garden City, Corner of Logan and Kessels Road, Upper Mt Gravatt||East|
|Mt Ommaney||Mt Ommaney Library, Mt Ommaney Shopping Centre, 171 Dandenong Road, Mt Ommaney||West|
Replacement access card
The cost of a replacement access card is $32.45.
To apply for online renewal of your bike shelter access card, complete a:
Refund of deposit
To obtain a refund of deposit (i.e. cancel your access card), complete a:
Visit Council to lodge your form in person with your access card.
Your deposit will be refunded by cheque in the name of the original applicant within 30 working days.