King George Square Car Park
Brisbane City Council's underground King George Square Car Park, between Ann and Adelaide Streets, Brisbane City is open for parking seven days a week. Vehicle entry is via Roma or Adelaide Streets and exit is via Roma Street.
Read the terms and conditions of car park entry.
Council provides special offers at the King George Square and Wickham Terrace Car Parks.
King George Square Car Park is open:
- Monday to Thursday from 5.30am to midnight
- weekends from 5.30am Friday to 11pm Sunday
- public holidays from 7.30am to 11pm unless otherwise advised (closed Christmas Day and Good Friday).
The car park locks after closing hours. At Council's discretion, the car park may open 24 hours.
Parking fees and payment options
- Automatic pay stations:
- Cash payment is available at the pay station on level A only. Pay stations are available on Level A and Level B. Both Roma Street exit gates accept credit cards.
- Automatic pay stations are on Level A (street level) and Level B. The automatic pay stations do not accept Diners Club cards.
- Mobile phone:
- Pay using your mobile phone by downloading the CellOPark Australia app.
- Pay for parking with eCom:
- Automate parking payment by signing up for a free eCom account via the Brisbane City Council eCom portal.
Other car park information
King George Square Car Park has two vehicle entry points and one exit at:
- Roma Street - entry and exit
- Adelaide Street - entry only.
Pedestrians can access the car park from the King George Square stairs, off Ann Street, near the King George V memorial. There is also a pedestrian pathway onto Adelaide Street. Disabled access at street level is available from Level A.
Limited spaces are available on Level A for parents and carers with children/prams. There is direct access to Adelaide Street. Limited spaces are also available on Level A for valid disability parking permit holders.
Electric car recharge station
Free electric car recharge is available during business hours to promote the reduction of carbon dioxide and pollution. Specially marked bays are on Level B.
The vehicle height limit is 1.93 metres.
At night, a staff member or security guard is available to escort customers to their vehicle:
- from Sunday to Thursday until 11pm
- on Fridays and Saturdays from 8pm to 7.30am.
Request an escort at the Roma Street booth. There is generally only one staff member available at any time.