Parking meter payments
Brisbane City Council provides on-street pay parking options across Brisbane to support the needs of the community.
Council has structured pricing based on parking zones. Payment options available include Tap and Go readers that allow payment using chip enabled debit/credit cards and devices or by using Apple and Google Pay through a smart enabled phone and pay-by-app via CellOPark.
Changes to paid parking
From May 2023, Council is simplifying on-street parking. These changes will simplify and standardise parking limits across the city.
Between May and August 2023, Council will implement changes to convert all nine-hour paid parking zones to 12-hour paid parking operating between 7am and 7pm, Monday to Friday.
Zone 4495 located on Bridge Street, Fortitude Valley will not change. This parking zone will operate as a twelve-hour paid parking zone between the hours of 7am and 10pm, Monday to Friday and 7am-7pm, Saturday and Sunday.
Customers can continue to pay for parking either at a meter, where available, or via Council’s contracted mobile payment service, CellOpark.
There are three parking zones:
- zone one: Brisbane Central Business District (CBD)
- zone two: city fringe
- zone three: rest of Brisbane.
View these three parking zones in more detail by downloading the:
You can also view more information about parking meter terms and conditions.
Some parking spaces in the CBD have different restrictions during peak hours. Always check traffic signs before parking your vehicle.
Fee capping system
Council has capped fees for on-street long term daily rate parking in Brisbane depending on which zone you park in.
|Parking area zone|
Zone one: Brisbane Central Business District (CBD)
4 hour meter and greater:
Weekdays - $16.00
Zone two: city fringe
4 hour meter and greater:
Weekdays - $14.50
Zone three: rest of Brisbane
|4 hours meter and greater: $11.00|
The hourly weekday rate in zone two for meters with an allowable parking time of more than four hours is $2.80, therefore if you select:
- $5.60 you get two hours of parking time
- $11.20 you get four hours of parking time
- $14.50 you can park for the maximum signed parking time (up to 12 hours).
Council accepts payment via:
- mobile phone payments via the phone app
- automated phone payment service, available on 07 5646 5222
- Tap and Go at the parking meter
There is no need to display a ticket on your vehicle as our parking inspectors validate parking sessions via your number plate. Meters display the time of day the meter will expire, not the amount of time paid for.
Council encourages contactless payment methods. Contactless payment is available using the CellOPark Australia app or Tap and Go.
Pay by App zones
A number of parking zones across Brisbane are now Pay by App only zones. If you wish to park in one of these locations you can pay via Council's contracted mobile payment provider, CellOPark.
Find out more about Pay by App zones.
A Tap and Go payment option is available for all electronic parking meters within the Brisbane City Council area.
Mastercard PayPass or Visa payWave can be used for Tap and Go payment by tapping your card or enabled device against the external card reader. Smartphone payments, such as Google or Apple payment options, also are enabled for Tap and Go if you have a suitable phone.
Motorists can park in a metered on-street parking space and pay in advance for any time required after parking restrictions commence (excluding parking spaces where peak hour restrictions apply, e.g. clearway, bus zone, taxi zone, no stopping area).
Advance payment can be made via:
- parking meters from 4am onwards
- CellOPark Australia, as soon as the previous day's restrictions end.
- at a 2P meter operating from 7am-7pm from Monday to Friday, motorists who park their vehicles before 7am can pay in advance for any time required up to 9am. The motorist then needs to move their vehicle to a new location to observe the two-hour parking limit.
- at a metered space marked 'clearway 7-9am Mon-Fri, 2P 9am-7pm Mon-Fri', neither the meter nor CellOPark will accept payment prior to 9am.
If the meter is not working, report the issue as soon as possible.
For parking meter faults:
- text Council on 0428 410 111 with the parking meter number, vehicle registration and parking meter issue
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 to report the fault.
For app payment issues, contact CellOPark Australia on 07 5646 5222 to report the issue.