Parking meter payments
Brisbane City Council provides on-street pay parking across Brisbane. Multiple payment options are available, including Tap N Go, debit and credit cards (Visa or Mastercard) and pay-by-app. Council has structured pricing based on parking zones.
There are three parking zones:
- zone one: Brisbane Central Business District (CBD)
- zone two: city fringe
- zone three: rest of Brisbane.
View these three parking zones in more detail by downloading the:
You can also view more information about parking meter terms and conditions.
Some parking spaces in the CBD have different restrictions during peak hours. Always check traffic signs before parking your vehicle.
Fee capping system
Council has capped fees for on-street long term daily rate parking in Brisbane depending on which zone you park in.
|Parking area zone||
2 January 2021 - 30 June 2021
Zone one: Brisbane Central Business District (CBD)
4 hour meter and greater:
Weekdays - $13.00
Zone two: city fringe
4 hour meter and greater:
Weekdays - $11.00
Zone three: rest of Brisbane
|4 hours meter and greater: $7.00|
The hourly weekday rate in zone two for meters with an allowable parking time of more than four hours is $2.10, therefore if you put:
- $4.20 into the parking meter, you get two hours of parking time
- $10.50 into the parking meter, you get five hours of parking time
- $11.00 into the parking meter, you can park for the maximum signed parking time (up to 12 hours).
Council accepts payment via:
- mobile phone payments via the CellOPark free mobile app
- debit or credit card at the parking meter
- Tap N Go at the parking meter
Always check the parking meter instructions for payment options.
There is no need to display a ticket on your vehicle as our parking inspectors validate parking sessions via your number plate. Meters display the time of day the meter will expire, not the amount of time paid for.
Council encourages contactless payment methods. Contactless payment is available using the CellOPark Australia app or Tap N Go.
Tap N Go payment
A Tap N Go payment option is available for all electronic parking meters within the Brisbane City Council area.
Use Mastercard PayPass and Visa payWave technology by either inserting your card into the reader for payment, or tapping your card against the external card reader for a speedier transaction process. Smartphone payments, such as Android or Apple payment options, also are enabled for Tap N Go if you have a suitable phone.
Motorists can park in a metered on-street parking space and pay in advance for any time required after parking restrictions commence (excluding parking spaces where peak hour restrictions apply - e.g. clearway, bus zone, taxi zone, no stopping area).
Advance payment can be made via:
- parking meters from 4am onwards
- CellOPark Australia, as soon as the previous day's restrictions end.
- at a 2P meter operating from 7am-7pm from Monday to Friday, motorists who park their vehicles before 7am can pay in advance for any time required up to 9am. The motorist then needs to move their vehicle to a new location to observe the two-hour parking limit.
- at a metered space marked 'clearway 7-9am Mon-Fri, 2P 9am-7pm Mon-Fri', neither the meter nor CellOPark will accept payment prior to 9am.
If your preferred parking payment option is not available, report the issue as soon as possible.
For parking meter faults:
- text Council on 0428 410 111 with the parking meter number, vehicle registration and parking meter issue
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 to report the fault.
For app payment issues, contact CellOPark Australia on 07 5646 5222 to report the issue.