Parking meters terms and conditions
Brisbane City Council (“Council”) has power to regulate parking pursuant to the Transport Operations (Road Use Management) Act 1995 (Qld).
The onus is on the driver of a vehicle to know, understand and comply with the requirements of these terms and conditions for metered parking and the Transport Operations Road Use Management Act 1995 (Qld) that regulate parking within the Brisbane City Council local government area.
By using Council’s ticketless parking system, the user agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions:
- The user must comply with any instructions or guidelines provided by Council in relation to the use of the parking payment facility.
- One vehicle only (including small cars, motorbikes or scooters) must be parked per metered parking space. Full car tariff payment will apply to motorcycles parked in a metered car parking space. Parking time purchased from a motorcycle tariff zone cannot be used in a metered car parking space.
- If a preferred payment method for a parking meter is not available, the user may pay by another available payment method. Payment may also be made using the CellOPark Australia app via a mobile device, CellOPark Australia's website or using CellOPark Australia's Call-to-park service by phoning 07 5546 5222. Council is not liable for any failure of the service provider or any other third party in the supply of parking to you. The user is responsible for all telecommunications charges associated with access to the CellOPark Australia service.
- If the user experiences any difficulties with the CellOPark Australia service, they should phone CellOPark Australia customer service centre on 07 5646 5222 or visit www.cellopark.com.au.
- If the user experiences any difficulties with parking meters, they should phone Council on 07 3403 8888 or send an SMS to 0428 410 111 and a customer reference number will be provided.
- the meter identification (ID) number of the machine
- the parked vehicle registration number
- a brief description of the machine fault.
- If a parking meter is out of order, users need to comply with the time restrictions in that area. When the user reports a problem or fault with the parking meter, a reference number will be issued to the user. Displaying the reference number exempts the user from parking payment. Upon becoming aware of any malfunction of the meter, Council will attend to rectification of the fault within a reasonable time frame prioritised by the type and location of the fault.
- The user must comply with the parking time zone restrictions that apply to the parking space their vehicle occupies, even if the parking meter is out of order. Vehicles need to be relocated to another area after the prescribed time limit has expired. If the parking space is not vacated upon expiry of the permitted maximum time, the user may be fined.
- As data in relation to Council’s ticketless parking system is only kept for a limited period of time, users must notify Council within 21 days of the date of a disputed payment. A Council officer will investigate the request and advise the user of the outcome. Refunds, where verified, will be paid by Electronic Funds Transfer or cheque. Requests for refunds can only be investigated if the following information is provided by mail to GPO Box 1434 Brisbane QLD 4001 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- date of transaction
- registration number of vehicle parked
- meter number and time parked
- the first six and last two digits of the credit card number, if used in the disputed transaction, and a copy of credit card statement with disputed payment listed
- copy of parking meter receipt desirable.
- Vehicles are parked entirely at the user’s risk and Council accepts no responsibility or liability for any damage, loss, costs, inconvenience, expenses, liability, claims, demands, actions, proceedings, injury (including death) or dispute due to or arising out of, directly or indirectly, the actions or omissions (whether wilful, negligent or otherwise) of Council (including any officer or employee), or any user (including yourself), or any third party provider.