Mowbray Park ferry terminal upgrade
Brisbane City Council is proposing to upgrade the Mowbray Park Ferry Terminal.
|Address||Park Avenue, East Brisbane|
|Project outcomes||The upgraded ferry terminal will feature improved accessibility for all passengers and increase the terminal capacity to cater for current and future demand|
|Latest update||The public notification period for the development application has closed.|
About the project
Council has identified the Mowbray Park ferry terminal for an upgrade to meet the requirements of the Disability Standards for Accessible Public Transport (DSAPT) (2002) and Disability Discrimination Act 1992.
The upgrade will involve:
- removing the existing pontoon, gangway and associated piles
- repurposing and refurbishing the existing waiting area to provide a more open and transparent space
- installing additional fixed walkway connecting from the repurposed waiting area to a new flood resilient gangway and dual berthing pontoon
- installing new piles associated with the fixed walkway, pontoon restraint and ferry movement
- incorporating new look and feel including ferry terminal identification signage
- improved lighting and safety features such as increased CCTV coverage.
To improve accessibility to and from the terminal, works will also occur on the landside within Mowbray Park and the road reserve area of Park Avenue, including:
- improvement to the set down and turnaround area at the end of Park Avenue
- providing DDA compliant set down, parking spaces and access paths from the existing car park
- landscaping works to improve the amenity and aesthetic of the localised area adjacent the terminal entry and new paths
- improved lighting and safety.
View the artist impressions for the project in the slideshow below. If you'd prefer, you can view these images in the Mowbray Park ferry terminal album in Flickr.
Improved accessibility for all passengers and increase the terminal capacity to cater for current and future demand.
Public notification for the ferry terminal upgrade was undertaken from 12 February 2021 to 5 March 2021 as part of the Development Application process.
The public notification period has now closed. Following the outcome of the Development Application process, Council will provide further information to the community about the timing of the project.
Impacts during construction
During the works, the Mowbray Park ferry terminal will be closed. As the timing for construction is not yet confirmed, Council has not yet made any decisions in relation to alternative transport options during the closure. Further details will be provided to the community closer to construction.
If you would like to provide comments, ask questions or find out more about the Mowbray Park Ferry Terminal upgrade project you can:
- call the project team on 1800 884 681 during business hours
- call Council on 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001