Inner city ferry services
The Cross River ferry service connects Holman Street at Kangaroo Point, Riverside and Howard Smith Wharves, and also Bulimba to Teneriffe.
Brisbane City Council's CityHopper is a free inner-city ferry service on the Brisbane River. You can hop on and off the CityHopper at six stops (seven stops from 13 December) between North Quay and Sydney Street, New Farm. The service runs every 30 minutes between 5.30am and midnight, Sunday to Thursday, with services operating later on Friday and Saturday nights.
Brisbane’s popular cross-river travel includes five ‘KittyCats’. The catamarans transport up to 60 passengers and provide services to major areas in the inner-city.
- The Cross River and CityHopper ferry routes are serviced by five KittyCats.
- The KittyCats are modern vessels with wide panoramic windows to allow exceptional views of the river city and provide a pleasurable travelling experience for commuters and visitors. With increased capacity and speed, the KittyCat CityHopper services run every 30 minutes.
- The Kangaroo Point Cross River ferry operates every 30 minutes. This combines with the CityHopper to provide Kangaroo Point customers with a cross-river service every 15 minutes from Holman Street.
- The new Howard Smith Wharves terminal will be included in the Cross River and CityHopper services for Kangaroo Point residents and will open by Christmas 2021.
- Council has committed $48.7 million over the next three years to upgrade ferry terminals including Dockside and Mowbray Park, and improve accessibility for all users. Council is committed to ensuring safe, efficient and accessible public transport networks across the city and continues to improve the connectivity and flood resilience of the ferry network.
Download an accessible version of the Inner-city network map (Word - 416kb).
Bulimba to Teneriffe Cross River Ferry
A CityCat or KittyCat will continue to service the Bulimba to Teneriffe Cross River ferry route while the steel monohull Kalparrin undergoes maintenance and restoration works.
For up-to-date timetable information or to plan your journey, visit Translink's website.