NextGen double-decker CityCats
Brisbane City Council launched the first new Next Generation (NextGen) double-decker CityCat vessel Yoogera in November 2019, and the second, Neville Bonner, in August 2020, providing more opportunities to connect the people and places that make our city great. The third vessel Mianjin II was launched in April 2021.
Council is delivering six more NextGen double-decker CityCats to complement and replace six of the existing vessels nearing the end of their serviceable lifespan.
This is all part of our plan to deliver a modern public transport network that represents the evolution of river travel and enhances the passenger experience.
NextGen double-decker CityCat schedule
|CityCat number||CityCat name||Delivery date|
|CityCat 25||To be announced||Late 2021|
|CityCat 26||To be announced||Mid 2022|
|CityCat 27||To be announced||Late 2022|
|CityCat 28 to CityCat 30||To be announced||Between 2023 and 2025|
NextGen double-decker CityCat features
NextGen double-decker CityCat features include:
- the ability to carry a total of 170 passengers
- an upper deck, providing seating for 20 passengers
- rear deck seating for 16 passengers and space for 10 bikes
- an open front deck with a clear viewing pane below the handrail
- up to six dedicated wheelchair and mobility scooter areas
- lower windows in sections of the main cabin, allowing passengers in mobility devices and children to enjoy the view
- table and lounge seating options including USB device charging ports
- hearing augmentation loops.
NextGen double-decker CityCats operate under the existing contract with RiverCity Ferries.
Brisbane just keeps getting better.
The new double-decker CityCats, Yoogera, Neville Bonner, and Mianjin II are here.
Find out more about the other ways we're making Brisbetter.