Commemorative CityCat and bus designs
Brisbane City Council's commemorative CityCat and bus designs aim to increase community pride, acknowledge our city's success stories and commemorate historic events.
The decorated buses include a range of commemorative wraps:
Armistice centenary (1918-2018)
To commemorate the 100-year anniversary of the Armistice that ended the First World War on 11 November 1918, Council unveiled a wrapped bus that featured a field of red poppies which were one of the first plants to regrow in the battle-ravaged field of the Western Front.
In a celebration of NAIDOC Week and Black History Month, four Council buses have been wrapped in artworks from two Brisbane-based Indigenous artists, Rachael Sarra and Casey Coolwell.
CityCat sporting wraps
The decorated CityCats include a range of sporting wraps, including:
- Brisbane Bandits – Brisbane’s baseball team
- Brisbane Bullets – Brisbane's basketball team
- Brisbane Heat – Brisbane’s men's and women's cricket team
- Queensland Firebirds – Queensland’s women’s netball team
- QRL 'Maroons' State of Origin - Queensland rugby league.