Indooroopilly Riverwalk - Indooroopilly
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce that construction of the Indooroopilly Riverwalk is now complete and the riverwalk is now open for use. Construction of the riverwalk started in April 2020 and has been completed six months ahead of schedule.
About the project
Council encourages active transport and is committed to providing residents and visitors with travel options that are quicker and safer. The Indooroopilly Riverwalk provides a high quality, separated two-way cyclist and pedestrian riverwalk that takes advantage of the outlook over the Brisbane River.
The riverwalk significantly improves active transport through the area, by providing a safe and accessible route from Twigg Street to the Jack Pesch Bridge and the Indooroopilly Rail Station, with additional connections to Radnor Street and Riverview Terrace.
The Indooroopilly Riverwalk is a critical part of a future active transport corridor between the Western Freeway Bikeway and the University of Queensland.
From the viewing platform along the new riverwalk, residents and visitors have access to the views of the Brisbane River and the iconic Walter Taylor Bridge.
Fly through video
The project benefits the community by:
- improving safety and efficiency for pedestrians and cyclists with a separated off-road facility
- promoting an active and healthy lifestyle by encouraging more walking and cycling
- creating a critical part of a future bikeway corridor between the Western Freeway Bikeway and University of Queensland.
The project included:
- five-metre-wide pedestrian and two-way separated cyclist facility
- shared cyclist and pedestrian connection to Foxton Street from the riverwalk
- an upgrade of the Foxton Street and Radnor Street intersection to create a safer environment for all road users
- connection to the Jack Pesch Bridge and Indooroopilly Rail Station by linking the riverwalk to the existing path at Witton Barracks
- a dedicated pedestrian connection to Riverview Terrace
- viewing platforms on the riverwalk overlooking the Brisbane River and the iconic Walter Taylor Bridge
- lighting along the length of the riverwalk
- landscaping and wayfinding signage.
Intersection upgrade – Foxton and Radnor Street, Indooroopilly
To improve safety for all road users, Council upgraded the intersection at Foxton Street and Radnor Street as part of the Indooroopilly Riverwalk project.
Foxton Street has been changed to a permanent left-in and left-out traffic arrangement. Please see alternative access routes below.
View the project plans for detailed information about the intersection upgrade at Foxton and Radnor Street, Indooroopilly:
- Foxton and Radnor St intersection project plan – Indooroopilly Riverwalk - 30 March 2020 (PDF - 247kb)
- Foxton and Radnor St intersection project plan – Indooroopilly Riverwalk - 30 March 2020 (Word - 911kb).
If you would like to find out more about the Indooroopilly Riverwalk project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 314 762 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 after hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Indooroopilly Riverwalk project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.