Completed road and intersection upgrades
Use this page to find Brisbane City Council road works and upgrade projects completed in the 2018-19 financial year and some projects completed late in 2017-18. You can also find out about current roadworks and intersection upgrade projects.
- Fortitude Valley - McLachlan Street stormwater drainage upgrade
This project improved drainage infrastructure and increased future flood immunity in Fortitude Valley.
- Bowen Hills - Inner City Bypass upgrade
This upgrade provided increased capacity on the Inner City Bypass, improved travel times and safety for all road users and improved connectivity to Legacy Way and the wider road network.
- Paddington - Nash Street stormwater drainage upgrade
Improved drainage infrastructure in Paddington.
- Toowong - Sylvan Road peak period bike lanes
This project improved safety for all road users.
- West End - Vulture Street and Montague Road intersection upgrade
Improved safety, congestion and traffic flows through the intersection.
- Bracken Ridge - Bracken Ridge Road U-turn facility project
Construction of a new U-turn facility.
- Bracken Ridge - Telegraph Road corridor upgrade project: Stage 1b
This project improved travel times, safety and road flood immunity.
- Bracken Ridge, Fitzgibbon, Deagon and Taigum - Telegraph Road corridor upgrade project: Stage 2
- Eagle Farm - Schneider Road bridge maintenance works
Renewed bridge components to ensure the bridge reaches the expected life span.
- Grange and Wilston - Days Road and Kedron Brook Road intersection upgrade
Reduced congestion and improved safety and traffic efficiency.
- McDowall - Beckett Road and Hamilton Road intersection upgrade
The project increased capacity, reduced congestion and improved safety for road users.
- Wavell Heights - Hamilton Road and Sandgate Road intersection upgrade
Improved traffic flow and reduced congestion.
- Wavell Heights - Newman Road and Main Avenue intersection upgrade
Improved safety, access and reduced congestion.
- Wavell Heights - Shaw Road sports precinct access road intersection upgrade
Improved access and safety for pedestrians, cyclists and motorists.
- Heathwood - Stapylton Road and Johnson Road intersection upgrade
Reduced traffic congestion and improved road safety.
- Inala - Inala Avenue, Corsair Avenue and Serviceton Avenue intersection upgrade
Reduced congestion and improved efficiency and safety for all road users.
- Sunnybank Hills - Hellawell Road, The Avenue and Borella Road intersection upgrades
Installed traffic signals along Hellawell Road at the intersections with The Avenue and Borella Road to improve traffic efficiency and safety for all road users.
- Wacol - Progress Road upgrade - Stage 4
To improve safety, decrease the probability of a flood event, and cater for future traffic growth.
- Wacol - Wolston Creek Bridge upgrade
Upgraded Wolston Creek Bridge to increase safety and accessibility and improve travel time reliability and freight connectivity.
- Annerley - Juliette Street and Ipswich Road intersection upgrade
Improved traffic efficiency and enhanced safety for all road users.
- Chandler - Meadowlands Road and Belmont Road intersection upgrade
Improved road safety and reduced traffic congestion for road users.
- Coorparoo - Boundary Road and Whites Hill Reserve access road intersection upgrade
Reduced congestion and improved access and safety for motorists.
- Auchenflower - Eagle Terrace formalised parking
Improved safety and community amenity.