As outlined in our April newsletter, we will be making changes to Moggill Road from 8 May 2023, including using the commercial service road as a through lane temporarily while we continue to build the overpass.
When will this work take place?
It will start from 8 May 2023 for approximately six months, weather and site conditions permitting.
Where will the works be?
Location: Moggill Road commercial service road, Indooroopilly
What does this work include?
Construction activities during this period will include temporary:
- removal of on-street parking on the service road from 7pm on 2 May 2023.
- reconfiguring the traffic lane on the service road (see map over page)
- using the service road as a through traffic lane.
- removal of the right turn movements into and out of Waverley Road from 7pm on 2 May 2023.
- removal of the inbound u-turn on Moggill Road opposite Waverley Road from 7pm on 2 May 2023. The outbound u-turn on Moggill Road will remain in place during the works.
What does this mean for me?
- From 8 May 2023, the commercial service road will be used as a through traffic lane while major civil works on Moggill Road are completed.
These works are expected to take six months to complete, weather and site conditions permitting.
- On-street parking: will be removed from 7pm on 2 May 2023 to allow for preparatory works before the traffic switch.
- Access to business carparks: Access to off-street parking at each business will be maintained by relocating the traffic lane away from the existing kerb.
- Deliveries: Traffic controllers will be on site in the first two weeks to assist motorists with the changed traffic conditions including deliveries to the businesses.
- Waste collection: will continue to each property. There may be some changes to collection times to allow pick up outside of peak travel times. Where possible, the project team will continue to liaise with the waste contractors on timing and will work with individual business to advise of any changes.
- Access for people walking will be maintained. Traffic controllers will be on site to assist with people accessing this area on foot.
- Signage will be in place to advise all motorists of the changed traffic conditions and that businesses on the service road remain open for business.
For motorists travelling on Moggill Road (service road detour)
The image displayed shows a map of Moggill Road running north to south. Payne Street and Waverley Road are shown on the west of Moggill Road. There is a label on the east of Moggill Road that says Moggill Road commercial service road which runs parallel to Moggill Road. There are three red lines on Moggill Road opposite Waverley Road and a label that says Waverley Road left in and left out only. On the east of Moggill Road there is a label that says one lane of traffic diverted down Moggill Road commercial service road. Blue arrows are shown running down Moggill Road from north to south and show one lane of blue arrows down Moggill Road commercial service road. At the end of the service road there are red lines with a label that says traffic bollards. On the southern end of Moggill Road is a label for Coonan Street and to the south-west a label that says access to western suburbs.
For motorists wanting to exit/enter Waverley Road (Waverley Road detour)
The image displayed shows Moggill Road running north to south. Swann Road is shown to the east of Moggill Road and on the west of Moggill Road is Rokeby Terrace, Waverley Road and Payne Street with Manchester terrace running north to south at the bottom of those streets. There are three red lines on Moggill Road opposite Waverley Road that are labelled as road closed in the legend and a label that says Waverley Road left in and left out only. There is a dark blue dotted line with arrows that is labelled in the legend as inbound detour that goes from Moggill Road and turns right onto Rokeby Terrace and then left onto Manchester Terrace. There is a light blue dotted line with arrows that is labelled in the legend as outbound detour and starts from Waverley Road and continues up Manchester Terrace and then turns right into Rokeby Terrace. The detour goes along Rokeby Terrace and then turns right onto Moggill Road.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation during these essential works.
To find out more about these works or the project, you can contact us via:
- phone: 1800 572 132 (business hours) or 3403 8888 (24-hours)
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Council website and search ‘Moggill Road corridor upgrade project’.