Day and night works will continue across the construction site as the project continues to upgrade essential services and progress the overpass works.
Works will break for the year on Wednesday 21 December 2022 and resume in the new year on Monday 9 January 2023.
This is a general notice about works being carried out across the project site. Further information will be provided to residents and businesses adjacent to the works as dates are confirmed.
When will this work take place?
Day works will be carried out Monday to Saturday from 7am to 6pm.
Night works will be carried out Sunday to Thursday from 7.30pm to 5.30am.
To ensure the safety of motorists and road workers and to minimise traffic and service disruptions, some work is required to be undertaken at night when traffic volumes are lowest.
What does this work include?
The following works will be undertaken:
- construction of temporary roads
- saw cutting of the road
- construction of service and drainage pits
- trenching and excavation to replace/install pipes
- relocation of existing underground services
- works for the new overpass, including the mobilisation of a piling rig.
How might this work impact me?
- Traffic control: reduced speed limits, lane closures, changes to traffic flow and short-term traffic disruptions.
- Noise, dust and vibration: noise and possible dust and vibration may be experienced from the construction activities.
- Temporary lighting: lighting towers are required to be used to light work areas at night to ensure worker safety.
- Access: impacted stakeholders will be contacted regarding any property access changes.
- Traffic delays: plan ahead and allow additional travel time.
Where will the works be?
Works will be carried out across the entire site at various times and dates. Further information to impacted residents and businesses will be provided as dates are confirmed.
Moggill Road including intersections near Stamford Road, Station Road and Stanley Street
- Left turn out of Stamford Road onto Moggill Road will be closed on Monday 9 January 2023, pending weather
- Continued drainage infrastructure construction.
Moggill Road Service Road (commercial)
- Night works road closures, restricted access and parking hours
- Service relocations and pit construction.
Moggill Road Service Road (residential)
- Night works road closures/restricted access
- Service relocations and private property reinstatements including fence and tree removals
- Construction of new retaining walls and bridge works.
- Lane closures (day and night)
- Service relocations and private property reinstatements.
- Sewer main upgrades
- Telecommunications and electrical relocations.
Keating Street at the corner of Coonan Street
- Private property reinstatement works
- Service relocations.
- Temporary closure of Payne Street at Moggill Road
- Temporary on-street parking and driveway restrictions
- Watermain and drainage upgrades.
- Restricted access at north-east end of Underhill Avenue
- Watermain relocations.
Temporary water outages
Works to relocate water infrastructure under the road will cause temporary disruptions to water supply.
During these works, water supply may be unavailable from periods of time from 9:00pm.
If your property is affected by these works, you will receive an additional notice in your letterbox prior to the planned outage.
Christmas shut down
A reminder that the construction site will be shut down for the Christmas period, from Wednesday 21 December to Monday 9 January 2023.
No works will be carried out during this time, however, the site will be monitored daily and the reduced 40km/h speed limit and some lane closures will remain in place to ensure the safety of all road users.
Works will recommence in the new year, from 7am Monday to 9 January 2023.
Register for updates
If you would like to be kept up-to-date about the upgrade and construction activities, you can register to receive updates.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation during these essential works. If you have any questions, contact the project team on 1800 572 132 (during business hours), email the project team or visit Council's website and search ‘Moggill Road Corridor upgrade’.
For information outside of business hours, call Council’s Contact Centre on 07 3403 8888.