As part of the Moggill Road corridor upgrade project, Council will be starting minor works to improve the intersection at Moggill Road and Taringa Parade from mid-April 2023.
When will this work take place?
|Finish||Mid May 2023, weather and site conditions permitting|
|Time and day||7pm to 5am, Sunday to Thursday|
Night works are required for these works due to the high traffic volume on Moggill Road during the day.
What does this work include?
As part of these works, we will be undertaking the following:
- extending the existing right-turn lane into Taringa Parade
- modifying the traffic island on Moggill Road
- limiting turning movements on Jackson Street and Rylatt Street to left-in and left out only
- installing a yellow No Stopping line between Indooroopilly Childcare Centre and the Jackson Street intersection.
What does this mean for me?
Residents and road users close to the site may experience:
- traffic control: reduced speed limits, road closures and footpath detours. Traffic controllers will be on site to assist.
- noise and dust: noise and possible dust and vibration may be experienced from the construction activities. Reversing beepers and flashing lights are a safety requirement and will be used during work hours.
- noisy works: we will aim to complete noisier works by 11pm to minimise impacts on surrounding residents.
We value your patience and cooperation while we undertake this important project.
Why is this work happening?
These works were part of the Moggill Road corridor upgrade project which aims to significantly improve safety for road users and pedestrians. These works will improve network performance through improving trip reliability, enhancing safety and improving overall road user experience.
To find out more about these works or the project, you can contact us via:
- phone: 1800 572 132 (business hours) or 3403 8888 (24 hours)
- email: email@example.com
- Council's website and search ‘Moggill Road corridor upgrade project’.