What works are coming up?
We will be making significant changes to Moggill Road inbound and the Coonan/Belgrave/Allwood Street intersection from 25 June 2023, including day and night lane closures.
These works will be carried out during the school holiday period when traffic volumes are lower.
Other construction activities will continue across the project site and further notification will be provided to nearby residents as dates are confirmed.
When will this work take place?
- Moggill Road inbound from 25 June for two weeks.
- Coonan/Belgrave/Allwood intersections from Sunday 25 June for eight weeks.
To ensure the safety of motorists and road workers and to minimise traffic and service disruptions, some work is required to be undertaken at night when traffic volumes are lowest.
What does this work include?
The following works will be undertaken:
- realignment of Moggill Road
- works to prepare for final piling works
- construction of large stormwater chamber in the roadway
- construction of deep sewer infrastructure.
How might this work impact me? What to expect?
- Traffic control: reduced speed limits lane closers, changes to traffic flow and short term traffic disruptions.
- Noise, dust and vibration: noise and possible dust and vibration may be experienced from the construction activities
- Temporary lighting: lighting towers are required to be used to light work areas at night to ensure worker safety
- Access: Impacted stakeholders will be contacted regarding any property access changes
- Traffic delays: plan ahead and allow additional travel time.
Where will these works be?
These changes will be in place in several locations including:
Moggill Road inbound between Nelson Parade and Waverley Road (see map below):
- single lane closure inbound during day works
- night works lane closures with detours
- temporary removal of Payne Street – 20 bus stop.
Coonan Street/Belgrave Road/Allwood Street intersection (see map below):
- temporary removal of left turn from Belgrave Road to Coonan Street
- single lane closure on Coonan Street both directions during day works
- lane changes exiting Allwood Street
- lane changes exiting Belgrave Road
- pedestrian access changes with detours.
Coonan Street between Allwood and Moggill Road:
- full closure and detour during night works (7pm to 5am) with detours in place
- residential access will be maintained.
Moggill Road inbound lane closures
The map shows Moggill Road running north to south with Waverley Road and Payne Street on the west and Moggill Road Commercial Service Road running parallel on the east.
There are red lines across the intersection opposite Waverley Road with a call out box that says Waverley Road left in and left out only.
At the northern end of Moggill Road, there are light two blue arrows that show one lane of traffic going down Moggill Road and one lane of traffic diverted down Moggill Road Commercial Service Road with a call out box that says one lane of traffic diverted down Moggill Road Commercial Service Road.
These light blue arrows join back together at the end of the Commercial Service Road. On Moggill Road heading inbound there is a single line of dark blue arrows and a call out box that says Moggill Road inbound reduced toa single lane.
The dark blue arrows become two just before Waverley Road. At the southern end of Moggill Road there is a callout box that points straight ahead that says Coonan Street and on the west of that is a callout box that says access to western suburbs.
Coonan/Belgrave/Allwood Street intersection changes
The map shows Coonan Street running north to south with Underhill Avenue on the west of Coonan Street.
At the Northern end of Coonan Street there are two patches of green shaded in that shows the work zone and further south is a patch of pink that indicates a partial lane closure.
In the middle of Coonan Street is the intersection that shows Belgrave Road on the left and Allwood Street on the right.
There is a shaded green area on the north west side on Coonan Street at the intersection that shows another work zone and a call out box that says temporary removal of left turn from Belgrave Road to Coonan Street.
At the intersection on Coonan Street there is a call out box that says temporary removal of right turn from Coonan Street into Belgrave Road.
On the corner of Coonan Street and Allwood Street is no pedestrian crossing sign and a call out box that says temporary removal of Coonan Street signalises pedestrian crossing, please follow detour.
There is a blue dotted line that crosses over Allwood Street, back over Coonan Street and up Belgrave Road.
On Belgrave Road there are two small red dashes and a call out box that says temporary pedestrian refuge island and shows the blue dotted line crossing over the refuge island.
On Allwood Street there are two patched of pink to show lane closures and a call out box that says temporary lane changes to Allwood Street and Coonan Street intersection.
Another partial lane closure is shown on Coonan Street just before Grosvenor Road that is shown on the west on Coonan Street and a callout box that says partial single lane closure on Coonan Street.
To find out more about these works or the project, you can contact us via:
- phone: 1800 572 132 (business hours) or 3403 8888 (24-hours)