As part of the Moggill Road Corridor Upgrade - Stage 1 Indooroopilly Roundabout Upgrade, day and night works for essential Telstra infrastructure upgrades will commence on Underhill Avenue, Coonan Street and Keating Street from 10 January 2022.
When will this work take place?
10 January 2022
Works are anticipated to be completed in late February, weather and site conditions permitting
Time and day
During night works you may experience increased lighting, and construction vehicle movements in the area. Noisier works will be carried out prior to 11pm at night, where possible.
What does the work include?
As part of these works, Telstra will be undertaking the following activities.
- Telstra will install new communications infrastructure and conduits from Underhill Avenue to Coonan Street and Keating Street.
- Telstra will set up a site compound area adjacent to KFC on Underhill Avenue. Parking will be temporarily reduced in this area to allow for equipment to be installed
- Minor tree clearing will occur in the works area.
- Tunnel boring within the embankment and under the road from Underhill Avenue to Coonan Street to install new conduits.
- Coonan Street (southbound) will be reduced to one lane outside Indooroopilly Central Shopping Centre.
- Vehicles will be able to turn left into and out of Keating Street.
- The right turn movement into and out of Keating Street will be closed permanently.
- Coonan Street (northbound) will be reduced to a single lane through the works site.
- Road users will see an increase in traffic management as motorists, cyclists, pedestrians, and construction workers traverse throughout the area.
- Some noise from drilling and minor vibrations may be experienced near the site.
Why is this work happening?
This is an essential upgrade required as part of the Moggill Road Corridor Upgrade Project.
These works will be required to be undertaken at night when traffic volumes are lowest.
Where will the works be?
The works locations on Underhill Avenue and Coonan Street
For more information on these works contact the project team on 1800 572 132 (during business hours) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
After hours, please call Councils 24-Hour Contact Centre on (07) 3403 8888.