The way forward - Looking back - how far we've come
Return to the Transport Plan for Brisbane page.
From major road projects, suburban street improvements, bus fleet upgrades and new active transport options, Council has delivered significant improvements to help keep Brisbane moving.
- Delivering more than $7 billion of major infrastructure under the TransApex plan, representing the largest combination of infrastructure projects ever initiated by a local Council in Australia.
- Helping you make healthy and active transport choices, by delivering 130 new bikeway projects between 2012 and 2016 under the Better Bikeways for Brisbane program.
- Tackling traffic congestion to get you home quicker and safer, by delivering 15 years of road projects in four years under the $1.2 billion Road Action Program.
- Ensuring everyone can enjoy Brisbane’s public transport, by delivering a bus fleet that is wheelchair, pram and walking-frame accessible and upgrading ferry terminals.
- Encouraging increased use of sustainable transport, through award-winning travel behaviour change programs, Active School Travel and Cycling Brisbane.
- Keeping Brisbane moving, by using real-time monitoring technology to manage more than 5700km of road network 24/7 through the Brisbane Metropolitan Transport Management Centre.
- Creating a cleaner, greener and more sustainable Brisbane, by using high-efficiency, environmentally friendly diesel engine technology for all new Council buses.