Brisbane Central Traffic Area
In the Brisbane Central Traffic Area you can park for a maximum of two hours on unsigned streets unless there are parking meters or signs showing otherwise.
This regulated parking area covers the Central Business District and nearby suburbs and localities:
- City (excluding Roma Street Parkland precinct)
- South Brisbane
- South Bank
- Petrie Terrace
- Spring Hill
- Fortitude Valley
- parts of Bowen Hills
- parts of Kangaroo Point
- parts of West End
- parts of New Farm
- parts of Highgate Hill
- parts of Kelvin Grove
- parts of Herston
- parts of Teneriffe
- parts of Woolloongabba
The two hour limit applies at these times:
- Monday to Friday - 7am to 6pm
- Saturday - 7am to midday
Signs for the Brisbane Central Traffic Area are located on the area boundaries.
If you live outside of the CBD within the Brisbane Central Traffic Area, you can apply for a residential parking permit. For further information about residential parking permit eligibility phone Council’s Contact Centre on 07 3403 8888.
Residential parking permits allow residents to park unrestricted on the street in their area, with certain conditions.
- are exempt from the signed traffic area time limit when parking near their property
- must clearly display their permit on the vehicle's windscreen or dashboard
- are able to park in metered parking bays signed 'resident permit excepted' (free of charge with no time restriction)
- may also park in other areas signed 'resident permit excepted' (with no time restriction)
Permits do not allow residents to park in designated statutory restricted areas, such as: