Brisbane Central Traffic Area
In the Brisbane Central Traffic Area you can park for a maximum of two hours on unsigned streets unless there are parking meters or signs showing otherwise.
This regulated parking area covers the Central Business District and nearby suburbs and localities:
- City (excluding Roma Street Parkland precinct)
- South Brisbane
- South Bank
- Petrie Terrace
- Spring Hill
- Fortitude Valley
- parts of Bowen Hills
- parts of Mayne
- parts of Kangaroo Point
- parts of West End
- parts of New Farm
- parts of Highgate Hill
- parts of Kelvin Grove
- parts of Herston
- parts of Woolloongabba
The two hour limit applies at these times:
- Monday to Friday - 7am to 6pm
- Saturday - 7am to midday
Signs for the Brisbane Central Traffic Area are located on the area boundaries.
If you live within the Brisbane Central Traffic Area, you can apply for a residential parking permit.
Residential parking permits allow residents to park unrestricted on the street in their area, with certain conditions.
- are exempt from the signed traffic area time limit when parking near their property
- must clearly display their permit on the vehicle's windscreen or dashboard
- are able to park in metered parking bays signed 'resident permit excepted' (free of charge with no time restriction)
- may also park in other areas signed 'resident permit excepted' (with no time restriction)
Permits do not allow residents to park in designated statutory restricted areas, such as:
Brisbane Central Traffic Area map
View Brisbane Central Traffic Area in a larger map
Brisbane traffic areas
View Brisbane traffic areas in a larger map