Council Annual Plan and Budget 2016-17
The Lord Mayor announced the 2016-17 Brisbane City Council Budget and how residents will benefit. Download the:
The key areas of the $3 billion budget include:
$781.7 million for tackling congestion:
- $316.2 million to commence construction of Kingsford Smith Drive
- $122 million in public transport subsidies
- $74.2 million to progress the Wynnum Road corridor and Inner City Bypass upgrade
- $17.8 million for the Progress Road Stage 4 upgrade
- $12.2 million for major traffic intersection upgrades
- $5.5 million for congestion-busting projects.
$44.3 million to create local jobs:
- $20.7 million for the city centre, Queen Street Mall and Valley malls
- $3.7 million for attracting tourism and major events
- $2.3 million in support for SMEs and start-ups
- $1.4 million in continued support for the business hotline.
$27.7 million for access and inclusion initiatives:
- $7.4 million for upgrading bus stops to disability compliance
- $3.4 million for implementing the Access and Inclusion Plan
- $16.9 million for DDA-compliant ferry terminals.
$364.8 million for a clean, green and sustainable Brisbane:
- $128.5 million for waste management and collection
- $89 million for drainage maintenance and enhancement
- $14.2 million for our waterways
- $10.5 million for graffiti removal and litter prevention
- $6 million to deliver a 100% carbon-neutral Council.
$173.8 million for parks, gardens and recreation:
- $71.1 million for suburban park upgrades to maintain neighbourhood parks
- $20.3 million for acquiring bushland
- $3.7 million for the Mt Coot-tha enhancement program
- $2.3 million for the new Witton Barracks Park.
$234.3 million for community services:
- $70 million for our modern, well-resourced library network
- $14.9 million to manage and enhance public pools and aqua parks
- $4.4 million in direct grants to community groups
- $3.8 million to support festivals and events
- $1 million to provide healthcare to the homeless.
Lord Mayor's 2016-17 Budget speech
Download the Lord Mayor's Budget speech:
Annual Plan and Budget documents
Download the Annual Plan and Budget documents:
- Annual Plan and Budget full document 2016-17 (Word - 10.66Mb)
- Annual Plan and Budget summary document 2016-17 (Word - 109kb)
- Annual Plan and Budget summary document 2016-17 (PDF - 4.5Mb).
Sections of the Budget documents
- Table of Contents (Word - 916kb)
- Document Overview (Word - 1Mb)
- Budget Overview and Financial Statements (Word - 1.2Mb)
- Clean, Green and Watersmart City (Word - 1.6Mb)
- Moving Brisbane (Word - 1.5Mb)
- Future Brisbane (Word - 1.1Mb)
- Your Brisbane (Word - 1.6Mb)
- Public Health and Safety (Word - 1Mb)
- Economic Development (Word 1.1Mb)
- Customer Focus (Word - 950kb)
- City Governance (Word - 1.2Mb)
- Appendix of Schedules (Word - 2Mb)
- Businesses and Council Providers (Word - 1.3Mb)
- Revenue Policy (Word - 874kb)
- Revenue Statement (Word - 917kb)
- Resolution of Rates and Charges (Word - 5.2Mb)
- Glossary (Word - 919kb)
- Index of Outcomes (Word - 908kb)
- Land Use Codes (Word - 88kb).
Schedule of Fees and Charges
Download the Schedule of Fees and Charges documents:
- Schedule of Fees and Charges 2016-17 (Word - 4.35Mb)
- Schedule of Fees and Charges - Appendix B 2016-17 (Word - 1.2Mb)
- Schedule of Fees and Charges - Appendix C 2016-17 (Word - 1.4Mb)
- Schedule of Fees and Charges - Appendix D 2016-17 (Word - 1.4Mb)
- Register of Cost Recovery Fees 2016-17 (Word - 1.5Mb).
Investment and Debt Policies
Download the Investment Policy and Debt Policy documents:
Previous budget 2015-16
Find information in the previous budget.