Council Annual Plan and Budget 2017-18
Use this page to find out about the 2017-18 Brisbane City Council budget. Download the:
Watch the video below for a summary of the 2017-18 budget.
Alternatively, you can watch this video on Council's YouTube channel.
The key areas of the $3 billion budget include:
$1 billion for building smoother streets and continuing to tackle congestion:
- $90 million on continued investment into road resurfacing
- $25.1 million on the Progress Road stage 4 upgrade
- $18.8 million on suburban intersection improvements
- $11.7 million on the Wolston Creek Bridge upgrade
- $10.1 million on integrated parking management
- $5.9 million for congestion-busting projects.
$441 million for building our local economy while creating new and innovative jobs:
- $6.3 million for attracting tourism and major events
- $1.5 million for the Business Hotline
- $1.1 million on smart city initiatives
- $386,000 for open data
- $249,000 to continue expanding free Wi-Fi to the suburbs
- $229,000 for safer business precincts.
$583 million to keep Brisbane clean, green and sustainable:
- $131.2 million for waste management and collection
- $129.4 million on our urban parks network
- $94 million for drainage maintenance and enhancement
- $15.3 million on recycling initiatives
- $5.9 million to continue on delivering a 100% carbon neutral city
- $323,000 for the Love Food Hate Waste campaign.
$307 million to create new lifestyle and leisure opportunities:
- $69 million investment for our modern, well-resourced libraries
- $22.1 million to supporting festivals, markets and events
- $17.6 million on aquatic centres, including Langlands and Musgrave Park Pools
- $9.9 million on the Mt Coot-tha leisure and adventure precinct
- $4.7 million on community facilities maintenance and enhancement
- $4 million investment in river-based leisure and tourism infrastructure.
$655 million for delivering Australia's most modern public and active transport:
- $123.9 million to subsidise public transport
- $49.7 million on the Brisbane Metro
- $28.3 million on the Better Bikeways 4 Brisbane program
- $18.3 million on Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) compliant bus stops and ferry terminals
- $1.5 million on the design and procurement of a new CityCat
- $1.3 million in response to Council's bus safety review.
Download the Annual Plan and Budget documents:
- Annual Plan and Budget full document 2017-18 (Word - 5Mb)
- Annual Plan and Budget summary document 2017-18 (Word - 107kb)
- Annual Plan and Budget summary document 2017-18 (PDF - 1.3Mb).
Sections of the Budget documents
- Table of contents (Word - 60kb)
- Document overview (Word - 96kb)
- Budget overview and financial statements (Word - 114kb)
- Transport for Brisbane (Word - 112kb)
- Infrastructure for Brisbane (Word - 133kb)
- Clean, Green and Sustainable City (Word - 217kb)
- Future Brisbane (Word - 114kb)
- Lifestyle and Community Services (Word - 203kb)
- Customer Service (Word - 113kb)
- Economic Development (Word 122kb)
- City Governance (Word - 142kb)
- Appendix of schedules (Word - 181kb)
- Businesses and Council providers (Word - 136kb)
- Revenue policy (Word - 53kb)
- Revenue statement (Word - 78kb)
- Resolution of rates and charges (Word - 3.7Mb)
- Glossary (Word - 55kb)
- Index of outcomes (Word - 51kb).
- Land use codes (Word - 89kb).
Download the Schedule of Fees and Charges documents:
- Schedule of Fees and Charges 2017-18 (Word - 4.55Mb)
- Schedule of Fees and Charges - Appendix B 2017-18 (Word - 1.2Mb)
- Schedule of Fees and Charges - Appendix C 2017-18 (Word - 1.4Mb)
- Schedule of Fees and Charges - Appendix D 2017-18 (Word - 1.4Mb)
- Register of Cost Recovery Fees 2017-18 (Word - 1.67Mb).
Investment and Debt Policies
Download the Investment Policy and Debt Policy documents:
Previous budget 2016-17
Find information in the previous budget.