Council Annual Plan and Budget 2018-19
Use this page to find out about the 2018-19 Brisbane City Council Budget, including key areas of expenditure. You can also download:
- Lord Mayor's Budget speech
- Budget documents
- Schedule of Fees and Charges
- Investment and Debt Policy documents
- Rates summary.
Watch this video for a summary of the 2018-19 Budget.
Brisbane is a great place to live, work and relax
We're investing in services and infrastructure for the future
Lifestyle and leisure
$351 million to create more to see and do
Public and active transport
$717 million for the Brisbane Metro, buses and new SpeedyCat services
Tackling traffic congestion
$968 million to improve roads and get you home quicker and safer
Building our economy
$439 million to support business and more local jobs
Clean and green
$630 million to keep Brisbane liveable and sustainable for the future
Keeping Brisbane rates the lowest in SEQ
Brisbane $715.88* Logan $808.80** Gold Coast $921.80** Ipswich $924** Redland $926** Moreton $940** Sunshine Coast $1166** Scenic Rim $1178** (* 2018-19, ** 2017-18)
Alternatively, you can watch this video on Council's YouTube channel.
The key areas of the $3.1 billion budget include:
$968.3 million to continue to take action on traffic congestion:
- $90 million continued investment on road resurfacing - resurfacing more than 500 streets
- $96.4 million on Kingsford Smith Drive
- $39 million on the Wynnum Road corridor
- $35.6 million on the Telegraph Road corridor
- $22.2 million on the Green Camp Road corridor upgrade
- $20.6 million on suburban intersection improvements.
$717.3 million for delivering modern public and active transport systems:
- $126.5 million to subsidise public transport
- $33.6 million on CityCat and ferry services, including $4.5 million on a new CityCat
- $40.1 million on Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (DDA) compliant bus stops and ferry terminals
- $39.9 million on Brisbane Metro
- $33.9 million to purchase an additional 60 buses
- $959 thousand on new SpeedyCat - Express CityCat services.
$630.3 million to keep Brisbane clean, green and sustainable:
- $154.6 million on new and upgraded parks
- $145 million on waste management
- $105.3 million on flood resilience
- $34.5 million on bushland acquisition
- $15.2 million on recycling initiatives
- $5 million for the Oxley Creek transformation.
$439.9 million for building our local economy while creating new jobs for the future:
- $6.9 million on attracting tourism and major events
- $5.2 million for Village Precinct projects
- $4 million on crime prevention initiatives
- $4 million on mall improvements
- $1.7 million for the Business Hotline
- $1.2 million for youth employment.
$351 million to increase the lifestyle and leisure opportunities in our city:
- $75.2 million investment in Council libraries
- $23.6 million on aquatic centres
- $10.6 million on river hubs and access initiatives
- $830 thousand to commence the School of Arts refurbishment
- $166 thousand for Lord Mayor's children's concerts
- $133 thousand to support historical organisations.
Download the Lord Mayor's Budget speech:
Download the Annual Plan and Budget documents:
- Annual Plan and Budget full document 2018-19 (Word - 20.5Mb)
- Annual Plan and Budget summary document 2018-19 (Word - 94kb)
- Annual Plan and Budget summary document 2018-19 (PDF - 7.2Mb).
Sections of the Budget documents
- Table of Contents (Word - 912kb)
- Document Overview (Word - 963kb)
- Budget Overview and Financial Statements (Word - 1.2Mb)
- Transport for Brisbane (Word - 1Mb)
- Infrastructure for Brisbane (Word - 1.3Mb)
- Clean, Green and Sustainable City (Word - 1.7Mb)
- Future Brisbane (Word - 1Mb)
- Lifestyle and Community Services (Word - 1.5Mb)
- Customer Service (Word - 1Mb)
- Economic Development (Word 1Mb)
- City Governance (Word - 1.4Mb)
- Appendix of Schedules (Word - 2Mb)
- Businesses and Council Providers (Word - 1.3Mb)
- Revenue Policy (Word - 104kb)
- Revenue Statement (Word - 115kb)
- Resolution of Rates and Charges (Word - 14.6Mb)
- Glossary (Word - 924kb)
- Index of Outcomes (Word - 888kb)
- Land Use Codes (Word - 2.9Mb).
Download the Schedule of Fees and Charges documents:
- Schedule of Fees and Charges 2018-19 (Word - 4.87Mb)
- Schedule of Fees and Charges - Appendix B 2018-19 (Word - 832kb)
- Schedule of Fees and Charges - Appendix C 2018-19 (Word - 786kb)
- Schedule of Fees and Charges - Appendix D 2018-19 (Word - 858kb)
- Register of Cost Recovery Fees 2018-19 (Word - 231kb).
Download the Investment Policy and Debt Policy documents:
Previous budget 2017-18
Find information in the previous budget.