City of Brisbane Act 2010
The City of Brisbane Act 2010 creates a framework for Brisbane's day to day operations and long-term plans. The Act provides for the way in which the Brisbane City Council is constituted and its responsibilities and powers.
The City of Brisbane Regulation 2012 works in conjunction with the City of Brisbane Act 2010 and requires key Council documents be published and made available for download by the public. This includes key documents relating to finance, the budget, some specific policies and the annual report.
More documents will become available in the future as they are published.
The Act and Regulation helps to ensure Brisbane continues to be a strong, healthy, sustainable and vibrant city, and has:
- a local government that is accountable, effective, efficient and sustainable
- transparent and effective processes
- sustainable development and management of assets and delivery of effective services
- democratic representation, social inclusion and meaningful community engagement
- good governance and ethical behaviours of councillors and council employees.
Find out more about the City of Brisbane Act 2010 and the City of Brisbane Regulation 2012 on the Queensland Government website under City of Brisbane Act 2010.
Finance and the Annual Report
Each year Council produces an Annual Report, Quarterly Financial Report, Annual Plan and Budget documents. Find out more.
Plans and policies
- Corporate Plan
- Community Engagement Policy
- Community Grants Policy
- Councillor Expenses Reimbursement Policy (Word - 132.58kb)