Brisbane City Council has eight standing committees made up of and chaired by elected representatives. Each committee considers Council policy, provides advice to Council and delivers results for the people of Brisbane. This includes a wide range of areas such as infrastructure, public transport and the environment.
With the exception of the Establishment and Coordination Committee, the public are welcome to attend any Council Standing Committee meeting.
The Chair of each Council Committee make up Council's Civic Cabinet (PDF - 362kb). The Lord Mayor is Chair of Civic Cabinet. The Chair of each committee is also a member of Council's Establishment and Coordination (E&C) Committee, more commonly known as Civic Cabinet.
Brisbane City Council committees include:
- City Planning Committee
- Community, Arts and Lifestyle Committee
- Environment, Parks and Sustainability Committee
- Establishment and Coordination Committee (Civic Cabinet)
- Field Services Committee
- Finance and Administration Committee
- Infrastructure Committee
- Public and Active Transport, Economic and Tourism Development Committee