Brisbane City Council has standing committees made up of and chaired by elected representatives. Each committee considers Council policy, provides advice to Council and delivers results for the people of Brisbane. This includes a wide range of areas such as infrastructure, public transport and the environment.
With the exception of the Establishment and Coordination Committee, the public are welcome to attend any Council Standing Committee meeting.
The Chair of each Council Committee make up Council's Civic Cabinet. The Lord Mayor is Chair of Civic Cabinet. The Chair of each Standing Committee is a Civic Cabinet Chair and a member of Council's Establishment and Coordination (E&C) Committee, more commonly known as Civic Cabinet.
Brisbane City Council committees include:
- City Planning and Suburban Renewal Committee
- City Standards Committee
- Community, Arts and Nighttime Economy Committee
- Councillor Ethics Committee
- Economic Development and the Brisbane 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games Committee
- Environment, Parks and Sustainability Committee
- Establishment and Coordination Committee (Civic Cabinet)
- Finance and City Governance Committee
- Infrastructure Committee
- Transport Committee