Council Annual Plan and Budget 2020-21
Brisbane City Council is investing in our city’s growth and providing relief for those who need it most as our city recovers from the impacts of coronavirus. Getting residents back on their feet and Brisbane open for business again will ensure our city remains a great place to live, work and relax for years to come.
Use this page to find out how we’re making Brisbane better for everyone, with the 2020-21 Brisbane City Council Budget.
We know Brisbane is a great place to live, work and relax, but the challenges of coronavirus have hit our city hard.
We’re responding by putting residents, businesses and community groups first by investing in our city’s growth and providing relief for residents and businesses.
By fast-tracking construction of our green bridges while getting on with delivering the turn-up-and-go Brisbane Metro, we’re creating jobs and supplier opportunities sooner.
We’re getting our economy moving again with major projects like Kingsford Smith Drive and Wynnum Road; while the Indooroopilly Riverwalk, double-decker CityCats and Howard Smith Wharves ferry terminal will transform access to the river.
While new and upgraded parks for the suburbs and ongoing investment in our Victoria Park Vision will help protect our Brisbane lifestyle for years to come.
At home, we’re providing relief where it’s needed most, by delivering a six-month rate freeze for all ratepayers.
While our relief package and Economic Recovery Taskforce will breathe life into our suburban precincts and get Brisbane businesses back on their feet and thriving again.
Find out how Council is helping our city get through this and making Brisbane better for everyone.
You can also watch this video on Council's YouTube channel.
Parks and suburban improvements
Economic Recovery Taskforce Initiatives
Fully funded capital works infrastructure program
Relief for residents
We’re delivering rates relief for all residents and extra support for those who need it most.
Find out more
Find out more
Putting residents first by delivering a six-month rates freeze, continuing to support pensioners with up to 40 per cent rebate on their rates bill as well as expanding our first home buyers rates rebate to 100% (from 1 October 2020) for eligible home buyers who build their home or buy off the plan, in the first 12 months of ownership.
Backing our businesses
We’re helping businesses recover to protect the Brisbane we know and love.
Find out more
Find out more
Backing our businesses and rebuilding our economy with initiatives under our Economic Recovery Taskforce, while breathing life into our neighbourhoods by revitalising suburban precincts and continuing to waive a range of business charges, rents and permit fees until December 2020.
Download the Lord Mayor's Budget speech:
Download the Annual Plan and Budget documents:
- Annual Plan and Budget 2020-21 (PDF - 9Mb)
- Annual Plan and Budget 2020-21 - Page 1-195 (Word - 11.5Mb)
- Annual Plan and Budget 2020-21 - Page 196-314 (Word - 11.5Mb).
Sections of the Budget documents
- Table of Contents (Word - 143kb)
- Document Overview (Word - 150kb)
- Budgeted Financial Statements (Word - 210kb)
- Transport for Brisbane (Word - 182kb)
- Infrastructure for Brisbane (Word - 197kb)
- Clean, Green and Sustainable City (Word - 265kb)
- Future Brisbane (Word - 175kb)
- Lifestyle and Community Services (Word - 251kb)
- Community Health and Safety (Word - 161kb)
- Economic Development (Word 180kb)
- City Governance (Word - 215kb)
- Appendix of Schedules (Word - 246kb)
- Businesses and Council Providers (Word - 220kb)
- Revenue Policy (Word - 117kb)
- Revenue Statement (Word - 132kb)
- Resolution of Rates and Charges (Word - 10.9Mb)
- Glossary (Word - 122kb)
- Index of Outcomes (Word - 117kb)
- Resolution A (Word - 111kb)
- Resolution B (Word - 110kb).
Download the Schedule of Fees and Charges documents:
- Fees and Charges made in addendum to the Schedule of Fees and Charges 2020-21 (Word - 110kb)
- Schedule of Fees and Charges 2020-21 (Word - 1.5Mb)
- Schedule of Fees and Charges - Appendix B 2020-21(Word - 1.3Mb)
- Schedule of Fees and Charges - Appendix C 2020-21(Word - 1.5Mb)
- Register of Cost Recovery Fees 2020-21 (Word - 1.6Mb).
Previous budget 2019-20
Find information in the previous budget.