Our service standards
You can contact Council 24 hours a day, seven days a week. When you contact us online, we endeavour to email an immediate acknowledgement.
When you report a routine maintenance issue, we will endeavour to contact you within five working days. You will receive a reference number and timeframe for completion of the request.
Write to Council online
When you write to Council about a more complex issue, we will endeavour to contact you within 20 working days with a full response.
You can phone us 24 hours a day, seven days a week on 07 3403 8888. You can expect the following:
- a staff member will answer your call within 20 seconds 80% of the time
- we will resolve your call on-the-spot 90% of the time, without referring you to another person or part of Council
- for requests that require action, we will give you a reference number to quote if you need to re-contact us
- if our staff cannot answer your enquiry directly, we will let you know when someone will get back to you.
You can access information on a range of topics, such as:
- food licencing
- upcoming business events
- obtaining licences and permits for festivals, events and filming
- planning and development applications
- procurement, and
- business opportunities.
You can phone the Business Hotline on 133 BNE (133 263) and expect the following:
- a dedicated 24 hours a day, seven days a week hotline to support business in Brisbane
- your business related enquiries will be client managed
- every attempt is made to satisfy your enquiry during your initial call. However, if we can't, we will endeavour to contact you within one working day
Alternatively, you can visit doing business in Brisbane.
You can report a problem via SMS or MMS from your mobile phone to 0429 2 FIX IT (0429 34 948). When you report a problem, we will:
- endeavour to acknowledge receipt of your contact within two working days
- give you a reference number to quote if you need to re-contact us.
You can write to us at:
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.
When you write to Council, we will endeavour to:
- acknowledge receipt of your letter within two working days
- provide a detailed response within 20 working days.
Our five specialist Regional Business Centres provide information and professional advice on topics such as:
- local laws
- rate enquiries, and
- account payments.
Paying your bills
There are many payment methods listed on your invoice. If you have difficulty paying, phone Council on 07 3403 8888 before the due date to discuss payment options.
Contacting Councillors and the Lord Mayor
Find out how to: