Student Environmental Leadership Network
The Brisbane City Council's Student Environmental Leadership Network (SELN) is a unique learning and leadership program that directly engages and supports schools to be cleaner and greener.
Through a project-based, active learning model, students are empowered to create positive environmental change in their school and community. Student representatives attend five Council-facilitated meetings throughout the year that equip them with lifelong skills in project management, communication and leadership.
SELN 2020 program
Council is pleased to partner with the following schools in this year’s program to create a cleaner and greener Brisbane.
- All Hallows' School
- Ambrose Treacy College
- Aspley State High School
- Brigidine College
- Brisbane Girls Grammar School
- Brisbane Grammar School
- Brisbane State High School
- Centenary State High School
- Citipointe Christian College
- Clayfield College
- Craigslea State High School
- Earnshaw State College
- Ferny Grove State High School
- Hillbrook Anglican School
- Iona College
- Islamic College of Brisbane
- Loreto College Coorparoo
- Lourdes Hill College
- Mansfield State High School
- Marist College Ashgrove
- Mary MacKillop College
- Mount Alvernia College
- Mount Gravatt State High School
- Mt St Michael's College
- Our Lady's College
- Rochedale State High School
- St James College
- St Margaret's Anglican Girls School
- St Rita's College
- Stretton State College
- Stuartholme School
- The Gap State High School
- Wavell State High School
- Yeronga State High School
|Meeting 2 - Cancelled||Thursday 26 March 2020 - Cancelled|
|Meeting 3||Thursday 21 May 2020|
|Meeting 4||Thursday 6 August 2020|
|Graduation and Showcase||Thursday 29 October 2020|
If you require further information about the cancellation of meeting 2, please email the Green Heart Schools team.
SELN 2019 achievements
In 2019, our SELN cohort:
- designed, project managed and implemented over forty environmental projects
- established three new school environment groups
- greened Brisbane’s CBD by participating in a 104 Or More clean up
- volunteered at Council supported community events, including Brisbane’ largest sustainability festival, Green Heart Fair
- developed a deeper understanding of our city by participating in invitation only events such as the 100+ Club Morning Tea
- inspired the next generation of environmental leaders.
SELN 2019 photo gallery
View the SELN 2019 program images in the following slideshow. Alternatively, you can view the images in Council’s Flickr account.
To find out more about the SELN program, email the Green Heart Schools team.