Compost rebate program terms and conditions
Before applying for a rebate, read the terms and conditions for Brisbane City Council's Compost rebate program.
- The Rebate Program: Brisbane residents who purchase a compost bin, compost aerator, or worm farm on or after 1 July 2020 may apply for a rebate of up to $70 (one per residence only) (Rebate Program).
The Rebate Program cannot be claimed for a compost bin, aerator, or worm farm that has been purchased prior to 1 July 2020.
- The Rebate Program is strictly limited to the purchase of a compost bin, compost aerator, or worm farm only and cannot be claimed for the purchase of similar products including consumables such as worms, carbon material, or worm farm conditioner.
- The Rebate Program amount is capped at $70 per household. If a person spends an amount equal to or less than $70 on the purchase of a compost bin, aerator, or worm farm, then they will receive a rebate amount to the exact value of the purchase amount. If the purchase amount of the compost bin, compost aerator, or worm farm exceeds $70, the maximum rebate that a person can receive is $70.
- Any additional costs or expenses incurred in connection with this Rebate Program, including for postage or delivery of goods are the responsibility of the person claiming the rebate.
- Rebate Program period: The Rebate program will commence on Wednesday 1 July 2020 and closes on Sunday 30 June 2024. No claims under the Rebate Program will be accepted after this time.
- Eligibility: To be eligible for the Rebate Program, a person must:
(a) be a resident of the City of Brisbane as identified by the residential address provided when completing the online form on Council's website;
(b) be an occupant at the residential address identified on the online form;
(c) be the age of eighteen (18) years or over or have the consent of a parent or guardian; and
(d) not have previously received a rebate through this Rebate Program.
- How to claim a Rebate: To make a claim through the Rebate Program, a person must complete the following criteria strictly in the order listed:
(a) watch the educational video on Council's website
(b) provide the required personal details on the website to confirm eligibility as per point 6, and provide confirmation of completion of the educational process. Upon completion, you will receive a unique rebate code (Unique Rebate Code).
(c) After completing (a) and (b), purchase a compost bin, compost aerator, or worm farm from any retailer or online platform, including from a secondhand distributor and retain the invoice or proof of purchase receipt; and
(d) complete the online form via Council's website and upload both a valid Unique Rebate Code and a copy of the invoice or proof of purchase receipt.
The Rebate Program cannot be claimed for a compost bin, compost aerator, or worm farm that is purchased before steps (a) and (b) have been completed or that has been purchased prior to 1 July 2020.
The invoice or proof of purchase receipt must include the date of purchase and an itemised list showing the purchase of a compost bin, compost aerator or worm farm. A receipt that only shows the purchase amount is not sufficient. The invoice or proof of purchase receipt may be uploaded as a scanned image, photograph, or digital receipt attachment.
This Rebate Program is limited to one rebate per residential address. Any subsequent claims from the same residential address will be deemed ineligible.
- Payment of Rebate: Rebates that are successfully submitted will be paid via a direct deposit into the bank account nominated on the online form within two months of making the claim.
- No liability of Council: Council makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any compost bin, compost aerator or worm farm purchased for or in connection with the Rebate Program. To the extent permitted by law, Council is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) in connection with the Rebate Program. This condition is not intended to exclude any liability which cannot be excluded under Australian consumer protection laws.
- Privacy consent: By participating in the Rebate Program, the entrant acknowledges and agrees to their personal information by way of full name and residential address being collected and stored by Council for the purpose of the Rebate Program.
- Changes to the Rebate Program: Council reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time.