Brisbane City Council uses a dedicated fleet of rubbish trucks to collect general waste, recycling and green waste. For some of Brisbane’s outer suburbs, we use single pass trucks that collect both recycling and rubbish at the same time.
Council collects 730,000 waste, recycling and green waste bins each week.
Council has a range of trucks that service Brisbane’s streets. Benefits of the new fleet include that they are:
- are less likely to strike trees and overhanging wires, such as telephone wires and power cables
- reduce the height of the lift arm, which lessens the chance of hitting objects
- minimum of eight back to base monitoring cameras to improve visibility, safety and collection efficiency
- can be easily substituted for an alternate service which helps if there are breakdowns
- improve drivers’ awareness of their surroundings, through additional cameras and improved reversing sensors
- have improved cabin ergonomics and systems
- provide Council with real time information of the vehicle’s location and the services completed
- improve serviceability of the trucks.
The trucks are designed and manufactured to the Euro 5 and 6 emissions standard.