Eligible seniors, including international and interstate visitors, can use Council’s community immunisation clinics for the following vaccines.
It is recommended that people aged 65 years and over be vaccinated against influenza.
Free influenza vaccines are available for:
- all persons 65 years and older
- all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 6 months and over
- individuals aged six months and over with medical conditions which increase the risk of influenza disease complications (for a full list of medical conditions visit the Australian Immunisation Handbook website).
All other people aged five years of age and over who are ineligible for a free influenza vaccine can purchase the vaccine from any Council community immunisation clinic for $20.85.
Please check with Council’s Contact Centre on 07 3403 8888 or email the Immunisation team for flu vaccine availability.
It is recommended that all people aged 70 years and over be vaccinated against Pneumococcal disease (one dose of Prevenar 13 for people without risk conditions).
Adults with medical risk factors for Invasive Pneumococcal disease are eligible to receive a dose of Prevenar 13 (note: this dose should be given by the GP at diagnosis). A dose of Pneumovax 23, should be given 12 months following, along with another dose of Pneumovax 23 at least five years later.
The shingles vaccine (Zostavax) is a vaccine which is available for free to people aged 70 years. A free single catch-up dose is available for adults aged 71-79 years. Zostavax is available through Council's community immunisation clinics. Note: this vaccine is not for immunocompromised people.
Whooping Cough (Pertussis)
A consent form must be completed.
Download and complete:
- Seniors Immunisation Consent form (PDF - 131kb)
- Comparison of the Effects of Diseases and the Side Effects of Vaccines form (PDF - 29kb).
Contact Council's Immunisation Service on 07 3403 8888 or email Council if you have any questions.
Click on the markers on the Google Map to find Council community immunisation clinic details including location, address, opening hours and days.
Alternatively, to find clinic details including dates, you can download:
- Free community immunisation clinics timetable – July-December 2022 (PDF – 585kb)
- Free community immunisation clinics timetable – July-December 2022 (Word – 207kb).
All clinics are closed on public holidays and during the Christmas holiday period.
View community immunisation clinics in a larger map.