Brisbane Portrait Prize
Brisbane Portrait Prize is a contemporary portraiture competition showcasing artists and the unique character of our city.
To be eligible, both the artist and the sitter must have a connection to Brisbane. For further information visit Brisbane Portrait Prize website.
- 26 February - entries open
- 1 August - entries close
- 16 September - finalists announced
- 28 September - exhibition opens
- 3 October - winners announced
- 29 October - exhibition closes
- $50,000 Lord Mayor’s Prize + mentoring package
- $10,000 Digital Portraiture Award supported by Accenture
- $7,500 Courier-Mail People’s Choice Award
- $7,500 Performing Arts and Music Award, supported by the Lister Family Foundation
- $5,000 Sylvia Jones Prize for women artists supported by the Clem Jones Foundation
- $5,000 Packers Prize supported by Howard Smith Wharves
- $2,000 Next Gen Prize supported by Gadens
- 2 x $1,000 vouchers from Oxlades presented to two emerging artists
- 2 week exhibition + $900 supported by Metro Arts
In addition to the tile display below, you can view the images for the 2023 Brisbane Portrait Prize winners' artworks in Council's Flickr account.