Pathways out of Homelessness Grant Program
On 15 June 2022, the Lord Mayor announced further funding for the Pathways out of Homelessness Grant Program due to the considerable benefit and positive impact achieved in supporting individuals experiencing homelessness and sustaining tenancies, under the previous 2019-2022 Pathways out of Homelessness Grant Program.
The 2022-2025 Pathways out of Homelessness Grant Program will provide $3 million over three years to bolster sector capacity, collaboration and innovation in supporting Brisbane residents at risk or experiencing homelessness.
The program provides multi-year funding for up to three years to Brisbane-based organisations to bolster sector capacity, collaboration, innovation and demonstrated outcomes in supporting Brisbane residents experiencing or at risk of homelessness to achieve sustainable tenancies. The program will also fund enhancements to existing programs that support pathways out of homelessness.
For the Pathways out of Homelessness Grant you can apply for grant funding up to a total of $450,000 payable as agreed milestone outcomes, for up to three years.
Funding round dates
Applications opened on 25 January 2023 and will close on 15 March 2023.
How to apply
For more information and before you commence an application, please phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak with the Safe Communities team.
For more information about the Pathways out of Homelessness Grant including how to apply, read the guidelines:
Applications are submitted online via SmartyGrants using the standard templates that are provided. You may refer to the SmartyGrants help guide for technical assistance when submitting an application.
- Deliver all services funded by this grant program in the Brisbane LGA.
- Be a not-for-profit organisation, or be auspiced by a not-for-profit organisation that is registered or is eligible for registration under the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission Act 2012 (Cth)
- Be a service provider delivering community services or be a social enterprise
- Have as one of its primary objectives, the purpose of reducing the experience of or risk of homelessness to individuals and families.
Acquittal reports for successful applicants
If your application is successful, you will be required to complete your project and submit an online acquittal form within 12 months of the grant approval notification.
Grant recipients with overdue acquittal reports are not eligible for further grants.
If you believe your organisation may have an outstanding acquittal report from a project, phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak with the Grants Administration Unit for advice.
For more information about this grant, you can read the grant guidelines or:
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- Send us an email.
You can also contact Council via:
- the National Relay Service (including video and Auslan relay).
- Speak and listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 07 3403 8888
- by phoning Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 and asking to be connected with Brisbane City Council on 07 3403 8888.
- internet relay users connect to the National Relay Service using www.relayservice.com.au and then ask for 07 3403 8888.