Historical Organisation Assistance Grant Program
The Historical Organisation Assistance Grant Program provides funding over three years to cultural heritage and historical organisations. The grant supports these organisations to build their sustainability and capacity in order to operate and maintain their facilities to deliver history and heritage activities for the benefit of Brisbane residents.
Brisbane City Council recognises the significant contributions cultural heritage and historical organisations make in bringing Brisbane’s stories to life.
This grant provides funding to Brisbane-based not-for-profit cultural heritage and historical organisations to build their heritage economy so that they can:
- continue to operate and grow
- build stronger, more resilient organisations to achieve long-term sustainability
- increase the skills and capacity of organisations and their staff
- preserve Brisbane’s cultural heritage and history and ensure it remains accessible for the Brisbane community.
Organisations may apply for between $2000 and $10,000 per annum for three years.
Funding round dates
Applications are now closed.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application in late June 2022.
Only one application per organisation can be submitted.
The organisation must;
- be a not-for-profit organisation
- be committed to preserving and protecting Brisbane’s heritage
- operate a facility that is accessible to the general public
- be based and currently operating in the Brisbane Local Government Area
- not have any overdue grant acquittals or outstanding debts with Council.
Acquittal reports for successful applicants
If your application is successful, you will be required to complete an online acquittal form within 12 months of grant approval notification each year for the term of the grant.
Grant recipients with overdue acquittal reports are not eligible to apply for other Council grants.
If you believe your community group may have an outstanding report from a previous grant funded project, phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak to the Grants Unit for advice.
Read the grant guidelines. You can also phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak with a Creative Sector Development Coordinator or the Grants Unit.