Seniors Celebration Donation Guidelines
These guidelines are for the Seniors Celebration Donation.
Applications for this donation are now open and close at midnight on 12 October 2020. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application in November 2020.
Learn about the Seniors Celebration Donation:
This funding recognises the valuable contribution that seniors make to the City of Brisbane and its community life.
Donations are available to assist with the following activities:
- social outings and bus trips for Brisbane seniors; or
- the cost of celebrations such as Christmas parties for Brisbane seniors.
These donations are available to clubs and groups providing activities for seniors that are not funded by other sources. Seniors groups that are part of other organisations can also apply.
Only one application per group will be considered.
The donation is not available for activities that have already taken place.
Eligible clubs and groups must have a current operational bank account. Donation payments cannot be made to individuals. If your club does not have a bank account you will need to arrange for another organisation to sponsor your activity. If you make such an arrangement please attach to your application a letter from the sponsoring organisation that confirms their willingness to sponsor your activity.
The meeting location for organisations, clubs and groups must be within the Brisbane City Council Local Government area to be eligible for this donation program.
The donation amount available for trips and celebrations depends on the level of demand for donations. Donations may range from $100 to $300 depending on the number of applications received. Applications will be prioritised as follows:
- priority 1 - groups run by seniors for the benefit of seniors
- priority 2 - community groups supporting seniors
- priority 3 - hobby and recreation groups that have senior members
- priority 4 - welfare services for seniors.
The number of participants will also be considered in the allocation of donation amounts.
Donations will be paid to successful applicants by way of an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to the applicant group’s bank account. If applicants prefer to receive a cheque they should indicate by ticking the box on the application form.
Applicant organisation's bank account details need to be provided on the application form – or those of the sponsor organisation if one has been nominated.
Notification of outcomes is anticipated in November 2020.
You can apply for a donation online, send an application by mail, or hand deliver it.
Council's preferred submission method is our online application system.
The online application system allows you to save, develop and print out your application before you submit it. Support material can also be attached to your online application.
Mailing or delivering an application
Printed copies of application forms are available on request. Phone Council on 07 3403 8888.
You can also contact Council via:
- If you are deaf, or have hearing impairment or speech impairment, please contact us through the National Relay Service (NRS):
- NRS users phone 133 677 then ask for 07 3403 8888
- Speak and Listen users phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 07 3403 8888
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS (www.relayservice.com.au) and then ask for 07 3403 8888
- Video Relay Service (VRS) call Skype name: ace.vrs then ask for 07 3403 8888
- If you require this information in other languages, please phone the Translating and Interpreter Service (TIS) on 131 450 and ask to be connected to Brisbane City Council on 07 3403 8888.
Applications should be typed or hand written in block letters.
Applications may be mailed or hand delivered.
- Postal address:
Brisbane City Council
Lifestyle and Community Services
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001
- Hand delivery address:
Library and Customer Centre
Customer Service Counter
266 George Street
Brisbane Qld 4000
To prevent any delays in receiving and processing your application before the closing date, please do not deliver to any other Brisbane City Council, Lord Mayor or Councillor Ward office