Flooding in Brisbane - a guide for residents
Flooding in Brisbane is natural and part of our environment. We must prepare for the impact it can have on our homes and families. Brisbane City Council is working hard to reduce the impact of flooding. There are simple things residents can do to protect themselves, their homes and families.
Residents flood guide
This guide will help you to prepare for flooding and to minimise the impact of flooding to your property.
- Flooding in Brisbane - a guide for residents (PDF - 2.1MB)
- Flooding in Brisbane - a guide for residents (Word - 162kb)
You can also download:
- Flooding in Brisbane - an explanation of technical flood terms (PDF - 1.6Mb)
- Flooding in Brisbane - an explanation of technical flood terms (Word - 53kb)
Watch Council's video to understand the likelihood of flooding on your home. Find out how to prepare for an emergency and minimise the impact of flooding on your home or property.
You can also watch this video and other related videos on Council's YouTube channel.
Council has a range of free tools and information. The materials help residents prepare for possible flooding on or near their property. This includes:
- Flood Awareness Maps – use the flood awareness maps to understand the likelihood of flooding on your home or property
- FloodWise Property Report – download a FloodWise Property Report for flood information relating to building or renovating your home
- Severe Weather Early Warning Alert Service – sign up to receive free alert notices
- Responding to a flood threat - understand how to respond to a flood, including working with sandbags.
If you require any further information, contact Council.
Council excludes all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using 'Flooding in Brisbane - a guide for residents' and any information or material cited in it. The guide provides general information to help you decide if you need professional advice relevant to your situation.