Rocks Riverside Park
Rocks Riverside Park is a district park located at 531 Seventeen Mile Rocks Road, Seventeen Mile Rocks in Brisbane's south.
Three major zones
Rocks Riverside Park has three major zones:
- the river flat - formerly a rich riverside environment, market garden and industrial site
- the bushland ridge - forming a backdrop to the river flat area and covered with dry eucalypt forest
- the major green link from the park to suburbs in the south.
The Rocks Riverside Park, Crusher Pavilion is closed until further notice due to maintenance. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this situation.
Set on the site of the former Queensland Cement Limited quarry, Rocks Riverside Park features:
- four booking sites - The Entrance, The Green, The River and the Crusher Pavilion (which is currently closed for maintenance)
- community garden
- free wi-fi
- Great Lawn - approximately 8,000m2 of open grassed space
- half-size basketball court
- industrial artefacts throughout the park
- junior playground suitable for toddlers to eight year olds
- climbing net/fort and flying fox for school aged children
- public art reflecting the park's industrial heritage
- shared pathways
- water play area
The Crusher Pavilion includes basic kitchen facilities and open deck and power.
Things to do
At Rocks Riverside Park, you can:
- enjoy the water play area
- use your wireless enabled device at the wi-fi hotspot
- have a picnic or barbeque with family and friends
- enjoy the play spaces
- cycle or walk along the 800 metre riverside promenade
- hold community or corporate functions at the Great Lawn