Rocks Riverside Park
Rocks Riverside Park is a district park located at 531 Seventeen Mile Rocks Road, Seventeen Mile Rocks in Brisbane's south.
Three major zones
Rocks Riverside Park has three major zones:
- the river flat - formerly a rich riverside environment, market garden and industrial site
- the bushland ridge - forming a backdrop to the river flat area and covered with dry eucalypt forest
- the major green link from the park to suburbs in the south.
Set on the site of the former Queensland Cement Limited quarry, Rocks Riverside Park features:
- three booking sites - The Entrance, The Green and The River
- community garden
- free Wi-Fi
- Great Lawn - approximately 8000m2 of open grassed space
- half-size basketball court
- industrial artefacts throughout the park
- junior playground suitable for toddlers to eight year olds
- climbing net/fort and flying fox for school aged children
- public art reflecting the park's industrial heritage
- shared pathways
- water play area.
Alternatively, you can view photos of this park in Council's Rocks Riverside Park Flickr album.
Things to do
At Rocks Riverside Park, you can:
- enjoy the water play area
- use your wireless enabled device at the Wi-Fi hotspot
- have a picnic or barbeque with family and friends
- enjoy the play spaces
- cycle or walk along the 800 metre riverside promenade
- hold community or corporate functions at the Great Lawn.