Community art projects and partnerships
Brisbane City Council engages community organisations and groups in art projects.
Community art projects
Murals assist in ongoing graffiti prevention and mitigation as well as improving visual amenity and perception of safety. Programs and partnerships delivering community art projects provide opportunities for artists to contribute to Brisbane's vibrant and creative feel.
Community art projects:
- prevent, reduce and remove graffiti in the Brisbane City Council area
- increase the connection and role of young people in the community
- improve the community's sense of ownership and personal safety in their local area.
Council works closely with both government agencies and asset owners in Brisbane to mitigate and eliminate graffiti. Our key partners include:
- Australia Post
- Queensland Government
- Queensland Corrective Services
- Queensland Police Service through the Taskforce Against Graffiti partnership
- Queensland Rail
- Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Warner Awareness Education Group delivering the school based Don't be a Fool, Tags Aren't Cool program
- Youth Justice.
View the Brisbane murals photo gallery as a slideshow or view photos individually as part of Council's Flickr account.