Community art projects and opportunities
Brisbane City Council engages and supports several community organisations and groups in the delivery of community art projects and opportunities.
Murals assist in ongoing graffiti prevention and mitigation as well as improving visual amenity and the perception of safety. Programs and partnerships delivering community art projects also provide opportunities for artists and aspiring artists to contribute to Brisbane's vibrant and creative feel.
Community art projects:
- prevent, reduce, and remove graffiti in the Brisbane City Council area
- increase the connection and role of young people in the community
- improve the community’s sense of ownership and personal safety in their local area.
Find out how you can get involved in some of the community art initiatives council delivers and/or supports:
- If you are aged between 12 and 25 access Council’s Visible Ink Youth Hub
- Apply to design and paint a Traffic Signal Box through ArtForce
- Find out about Brisbane Canvas commissioned street art
- Learn about Council's street art walls
- Visit Council’s Outdoor Gallery
- Join Council’s Creative Register to receive information about creative opportunities
Council is also proud to support a number of Community Art Projects.
View the Brisbane murals photo gallery as a slideshow or view photos individually as part of Council's Flickr account.
If you require more advice, information or support, phone Council's Taskforce Against Graffiti on 07 3403 8888.