Home business sign
If you are running a business from home, you are permitted to display a small advertisement identifying the names or trade, business or calling of the occupants of a home business premises.
You do not need anything in writing from Brisbane City Council to display a permitted home business sign, provided you comply with the relevant requirements.
The requirements for a home business sign are the sign:
- must not be illuminated
- may be painted, affixed to a wall or fence, or freestanding
- must have an area of no greater than 0.6 square metres
Find out more information, including Council requirements, about starting up and running a home business:
- planning approval for a home business
- running a food business from home
- lawns and permits for business.