Health, Safety and Amenity Local Law 2021
Brisbane City Council’s Health, Safety and Amenity Local Law 2021 (the Local Law) protects standards of community health and safety and enhances the local amenity by regulating activities which affect the liveability of our suburbs.
Council places importance on values such as keeping Brisbane's air clean, our natural environment safe, maintaining the amenity of our suburbs and controlling waste for our community. Under the Local Law, Council manages:
- regulation of firepits and braziers
- standards for residential waste management and commercial waste containers
- vehicle maintenance
- camping on roads
- unregistered, abandoned, hazardous or unsightly vehicles on roads
- abandoned shopping trolleys
- unsolicited advertising material
- unsightly objects, materials or vegetation
- hazardous and electric fencing
- maintenance of swimming pools, portable wading pools and ponds; and
- building appearances.
For more information you can contact Council or download the following resources: