Health, Safety and Amenity Local Law 2009
Brisbane City Council’s Health, Safety and Amenity Local Law 2009 regulates activities which affect the liveability of our suburbs and work places.
Health and safety
Council places importance on values such as keeping Brisbane's air clean, our natural environment safe, and controlling waste for our community. Under the law, Council manages:
- lighting fires and backyard burning
- standards for rubbish bins and commercial waste containers
- vehicle maintenance and camping on roads
- hazardous fencing
- maintenance of ornamental lakes, ponds and pools.
A number of the local law provisions are about managing amenity. Under the law, Council manages:
- abandoned shopping trolleys
- building appearances
- distribution of fly poster signs
- community newspapers and unsolicited advertising material
- graffiti on private property
- unsightly objects, materials or vegetation.
For more information you can contact Council or download: