Lord Mayor’s Green Heart Photography Competition
The annual Lord Mayor’s Green Heart Photography Competition challenged Brisbane residents to capture creative, emotive and inspiring images of our natural environment. In 2018, we wanted to see how you interpreted the theme ‘Colours of Brisbane’ through an environmental lens helping us work towards a clean and green Brisbane for future generations.
We encourage you to continue spending time exploring Brisbane’s natural areas.
Thank you to everyone who entered or voted in this year’s competition. Winners were announced at an awards ceremony on Friday 7 December at QPAC’s Green Jam.
Thank you to all our partners and prize providers: Moreton Island Adventures, CameraPro, Story Bridge Adventure Climb, Streets Imaging, Bazil Grumble and Geckoes Wildlife.
- Overall winner: Sasha Scott for the image In the frame
- Open category winner: Wendy Klein for the image Brisbane wetland at sunset
- Open category runner-up: Ameen Sonpra for the image Serenity in the city
- Secondary school category winner: Lachlan A-Khavari for the image Greener than a greenhouse
- Secondary school category runner-up: Will Evans for the image Clean creeks
- Primary school category winner: Sasha Scott for the image Ducks away
- Primary school category runner-up: Luan Sejdi for the image Christmas tree
- School with the most entries: St Joachim's Catholic Primary School
- One finalist image will be projected onto the William Jolly Bridge from 12 to 16 December: Mia Macfarlane with the image Storm Trees
- Primary school ages
- Secondary school ages
View the 2018 finalist images in the slideshow below. Alternatively, you can view the images in the 2018 Lord Mayor’s Green Heart Photography Competition finalists album in Council’s Flickr account.
The finalists’ images will be part of a roaming exhibition around Brisbane from December 2018 to February 2019. See all roaming gallery locations and dates.
Looking for more inspiration? Learn about previous competitions and view the finalists' images below:
- 2016 Green Heart Photography Competition
- 2016 Lord Mayor's Young Environmental Photographer of the Year.
Find out more about Council's Green Heart initiatives by registering to receive our e-newsletters and stay up to date with green events, resources and ideas. For any questions regarding the competition, email the Green Heart team.