Lord Mayor’s Green Heart Photography Competition
The Lord Mayor’s Green Heart Photography competition is held annuallly. In 2018, Brisbane residents were challenged to capture creative, emotive and inspiring images of our natural environment. Council wanted to see how you interpreted the theme ‘Colours of Brisbane’ through an environmental lens. Helping us work towards a clean and green Brisbane for future generations.
We encourage you to continue spending time exploring Brisbane’s natural areas.
Council announced winners at an awards ceremony on Friday 7 December at QPAC’s Green Jam.
The winners were:
- overall winner: Sasha Scott for the image In the frame
- open category winner: Wendy Klein for the image Brisbane wetland at sunset
- open category runner-up: Ameen Sonpra for the image Serenity in the city
- secondary school category winner: Lachlan A-Khavari for the image Greener than a greenhouse
- secondary school category runner-up: Will Evans for the image Clean creeks
- primary school category winner: Sasha Scott for the image Ducks away
- primary school category runner-up: Luan Sejdi for the image Christmas tree
- school with the most entries: St Joachim's Catholic Primary School
- one finalist image was projected onto the William Jolly Bridge from 12 to 16 December: Mia Macfarlane with the image Storm Trees.
The categories are:
- primary school ages
- secondary school ages
Partner and prize providers
Thank you to all our partners and prize providers:
- Moreton Island Adventures
- Story Bridge Adventure Climb
- Streets Imaging
- Bazil Grumble
- Geckoes Wildlife.
View the 2018 finalist images in the slideshow below. Alternatively, you can view the images in the 2018 Lord Mayor’s Green Heart Photography Competition finalists album in Council’s Flickr account.
The finalists’ images will be part of a roaming exhibition around Brisbane from December 2018 to February 2019. See all roaming gallery locations and dates.
View the 2017 finalist images in the slideshow below. Alternatively, you can view the images in the 2017 Lord Mayor’s Green Heart Photography Competition finalists album in Council’s Flickr account.
Looking for more inspiration? Learn about previous competitions and view the finalists' images below:
- 2016 Green Heart Photography Competition
- 2016 Lord Mayor's Young Environmental Photographer of the Year.