Development application forms

Development applications lodged under the Planning Act 2016 (PA) must be lodged with the Planning Act 2016 development assessment forms.

If you have any technical issues or difficulty successfully completing the lodgement of your application/request using the forms below, phone Brisbane City Council’s Contact Centre on 07 3403 8888.

Talk to a Planner

Council offers free Talk to a Planner sessions to answer questions about how the City Plan relates to your property. Book your session now!

When you send us a form, we will respect and protect your personal information. For more details visit privacy, copyright, disclaimer.

Pre-lodgement and development history

Development assessment application forms

Development assessment forms (DA form 1, DA form 2 and DA form 5) are used state-wide and are the basis for any development application. You must complete the applicable form and provide any relevant material required with the application.

Development Services application forms

Council's user guide and frequently asked questions (FAQ) may provide assistance when completing the online form:

South Bank Corporation area

You can change or extend an application for an approved South Bank development application with the request to change or extend an existing approval online form.

Before construction

Building over Council infrastructure

Council does not process or assess build over sewer applications. Urban Utilities are responsible for full assessment and fast-track build over sewer applications.

For other build over infrastructure applications, Council's fast track process aligns with the Queensland Development Code Mandatory Part (MP) 1.4 requirements. This change also provides building certifiers an additional method of self-assessment for building over infrastructure. The lodgement process has not changed.

If the proposed work does not meet the requirements detailed in MP1.4, Council requires a full assessment as the concurrence agency. You can have a full assessment done by completing the standard Council building over infrastructure form.

Download the:

Note: this application must be Registered Professional Engineers Queensland (RPEQ) designed and certified. For more information, refer to the relevant assessment manual as well as the form requirements.

Fast track privately certified building over stormwater

For stormwater pipe sizes up to 910 millimetres in diameter, applicants must use the QDC MP 1.4 compliant fast track process. Requirements are outlined in forms and manuals. This includes:

  • what is required
  • who submits the applications
  • whether they are a private certifier (where applicable)
  • RPEQ requirements; and
  • if you need a performance solution.

The fast track privately certified building over stormwater assessment manual also provides construction details.

Download the:



Siting variation

Use the Request for a referral agency response (QDC siting variation) form to apply for the following:

  • Express assessment
  • Standard assessment
  • Amended assessment.

Find out more about the service.

After construction

Related matters

Planning and Development Certificates

You can lodge an application for a planning and development certificate online and pay with credit card.

Last updated: 4 July 2022

Brisbane City Council acknowledges this Country and its Traditional Custodians. We pay our respects to the Elders, those who have passed into the dreaming; those here today; those of tomorrow.