Development application forms
Development applications lodged under the Planning Act 2016 (PA) must be lodged with the Planning Act 2016 development assessment forms.
If you have any issues submitting your application using the methods below, phone Lodgement Support Services on 07 3403 4780.
When you send us a form, we will respect and protect your personal information. For more details visit privacy, copyright, disclaimer.
Development assessment application forms
Development assessment forms (DA form 1 or DA form 2) are used state wide and are the basis for any development application. You must complete the applicable form and provide any relevant material required with the application.
- Development application online lodgement form - CC11017
- Operational works/compliance assessment application online form.
Council's user guide and FAQs may provide assistance when completing the online form:
- User guide - development application online lodgement form (Word - 1Mb)
- FAQs - development application online lodgement form (Word - 112kb).
You can change or extend an application for an approved South Bank development application with the request to change or extend an existing approval - online form.
Building over Council infrastructure
From 1 July 2016, Brisbane City Council no longer processes or assesses build over sewer applications. Queensland Urban Utilities (QUU) are responsible for full assessment and fast-track build over sewer applications.
For other build over infrastructure applications, Council's fast-track process aligns with the Queensland Development Code Mandatory Part (MP) 1.4 requirements. This change also provides building certifiers an additional method of self-assessment for building over infrastructure. The lodgement process has not changed.
If the proposed work does not meet the requirements detailed in MP1.4, Council requires a full assessment as the concurrence agency. You can have a full assessment done by completing the standard Council building over infrastructure form. You also need the Integrated Development Assessment System (IDAS) form 1. It must clearly identify the request for assessment of building over infrastructure by Council in accordance with QDC MP 1.4.
Note: this application must be Registered Professional Engineers Queensland (RPEQ) designed and certified. For more information, refer to the relevant assessment manual as well as the form requirements.
Fast-track privately certified building over stormwater
For stormwater pipe sizes up to 910mm in diameter, applicants must use the QDC MP 1.4 compliant fast-track process. Requirements are outlined in forms and manuals. This includes:
- what is required
- who submits the applications
- whether they are a private certifier (where applicable)
- RPEQ requirements; and
- if you need a performance solution.
The FT BONSW assessment manual also provides construction details.
- Build over stormwater assessment manual (Word - 1.52Mb)
- Build over or near stormwater pipe – Queensland Development Code MP 1.4 Fast Track Part 1 – referral to Council as concurrence agency (PDF - 77kb)
- Build over or near stormwater pipe - Queensland Development Code MP 1.4 Fast Track Part 2 - assessment alternative solution (PDF - 128kb).
- Operational works/compliance assessment application online form
- Application/notice to work on Council property online form
- Request to change or extend an existing approval - online form
- Request for infrastructure charges estimate - CC11019 (PDF - 81kb)
- Exemption certificate for a local heritage place online form
- Exemption certificate request form - CC11143 (PDF - 45kb)
- Superseded planning scheme request form - CC11144 (PDF - 56kb)
Use the application for siting variation form to apply for the following:
- Siting variation express assessment
- Siting variation - full assessment
- Siting variation - fast track assessment
Alternatively you can apply by completing the hard copy forms:
- Siting variation express - information kit (PDF - 1.7Mb)
- Concurrence agency application - part one - CC10143 (PDF - 125kb)
- Concurrence agency application - part two - CC10228 (PDF - 74kb)
- Concurrence agency application - part three - CC10144 (PDF - 64kb).
- Landscape works certification - CC10613 (PDF - 155kb)
- Landscape design certification - CC10616 (PDF - 171kb)
- Request for assessment for building and development compliance - online form, or download the hard copy form (PDF - 156kb)
- Application for temporary road occupation (construction work zone) - online form, or download the hard copy form (PDF - 68kb)
- Park off maintenance - CC10833 (PDF - 198kb)
- Park on maintenance - CC10834 (PDF - 214kb)
- Property owners consent or refusal to allow a lawful point of discharge for a proposed development - CC10835 (PDF - 215kb)