Library membership terms and conditions
By becoming a member of a Brisbane City Council library, you agree to comply with the following conditions of use:
- Members must comply with the conditions of the Copyright Act 1968 and Copyright Amendment Act 2006.
- Members agree to take good care of all library material borrowed and will reimburse Council for the cost of any damage to or loss of these materials.
- Members must obey the lawful direction of library staff at all times.
- Parents and guardians are responsible for their children’s selection and use of library materials and services, including access to the internet.
- Members are required to advise staff as soon as possible of any changes in membership details or loss of library card.
- Members agree to immediately pay to Council, relevant fees and charges associated with the use of library facilities, materials and services and as amended or determined by Council from time to time.
- The 'conditions of use – library membership' are subject to change without notice. For the conditions applicable at any point in time, phone Council on 07 3403 8888.