Inala Library refurbishment - Inala
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce that refurbishment of Inala Library is now complete and the library is open to the public.
The project was jointly funded by the Australian Government and Council.
About the project
Brisbane City Council libraries are well-loved community hubs for learning, socialising and connecting with the community. Regular maintenance and upgrades are important to ensure these facilities continue to meet the needs of residents and demand for community spaces and services.
A refurbishment plan was developed using library staff and customer feedback. The library was refurbished to provide a fit-for-purpose facility that meets the modern needs of the local community.
The refurbishment included:
- a new meeting room with capacity for more than 40 people including a kitchenette and audio-visual facilities
- vibrant new spaces for children and young adults
- upgraded seating and study areas
- new service and internet desks to meet current design standards
- relocation of the library entry
- new self-service returns shelving
- new carpet, furniture, lighting and drinking fountain
- upgraded ceiling in the entry corridor.
For more information about the library refurbishment, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Inala Library refurbishment
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.