New Everton Park Library
Brisbane City Council is pleased to introduce the New Everton Park Library project, Everton Park.
|Address||Everton Park Library, 561 South Pine Road, Everton Park|
|Project outcome||The project will deliver a contemporary facility which suits Brisbane’s climate, landscape and lifestyle|
You can download:
Brisbane City Council is delivering a new Everton Park Library that better meets the needs of the city’s growing population. The project will deliver a contemporary facility which suits Brisbane’s climate, landscape and lifestyle. Strategically located adjoining the Everton Park Bowls Club, Fallon Cottage and Fallon Park, the new library will contribute to a thriving community precinct that services the broader community.
The Everton Park Library opened in its current location at 561 South Pine Road in 1965. The last major refurbishment was completed in 1993-94. Customer research has highlighted the need for an increase in parking, improvements to accessibility, increased size, better zoning of space and increased connection to the outdoors.
- Design phase: From Mid 2021
- Construction: From Mid 2022
The new Everton Park Library will include:
- an increase in library floor space from the existing 454m² to over 1000m²
- an undercover carpark, with a new vehicle access driveway off Gearside Street
- multi-purpose spaces and meeting rooms which support a diverse range of learning, literacy and cultural programs
- library collection spaces to support information, learning and leisure needs
- computer lounge and Wi-Fi seating to support digital inclusion through supported technology access
- a children’s space to support early literacy development, learning through play and growing a love of reading
- dedicated quiet room for independent work and study, and varied seating options to support collaborative work
- the existing library building, when demolished, will be replaced with a turfed park, and a pathway connection to Fallon Park.
View the artist impressions for the project in the slideshow below. If you'd prefer, you can view these images in the New Everton Park Library album in Flickr.
More information will be provided to the community as this project progresses.
For more information
For more information about the New Everton Park Library project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 (business hours)
- phone Council on 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.