Council’s Pop-up Library is designed to bring the joy of reading to Brisbane residents at community events, festivals and selected parks across the city.
At the Pop-up Library you can:
- browse library collections and borrow items to take home, including children's board books, picture books, adult fiction and non-fiction titles
- enjoy library programs, including children’s storytime sessions, giant games and interactive robotics workshops
- sign-up for free membership to Council's library services - just bring identification.
Children’s storytime in parks
The Pop-up Library visits seven parks across Brisbane on a fortnightly schedule. During each of these visits, library staff host interactive First 5 Forever children’s storytime sessions for children and their parents or carers to enjoy.
Children’s storytime sessions aim to:
- support early literacy development and parents in their role as a child’s first and most important teacher
- present a fun, educational and interactive way of learning rhymes and songs that you and your child can take home to enjoy together
- include practical tips on how you can support your child’s language and literacy skills from birth.