Mt Coot-tha Trail Care program
The Mt Coot-tha Trail Care program is a community-based program that unites passionate volunteers in monitoring, caring for and maintaining Brisbane's authorised, single-track mountain bike network in one of Brisbane's iconic natural areas. The community's efforts in this area help Council to focus on larger maintenance issues such as those that require contractors and/or heavy machinery.
Volunteers are provided with technical advice, guidance and support to help care for Brisbane's trails and the surrounding natural environment.
The Mt Coot-tha Trail Care program is:
- an inclusive volunteer-based program open to all Brisbane residents, regardless of experience level
- a partnership between the mountain biking community and Council that delivers safe-to-ride, well-maintained mountain bike trails that are resilient to wet weather events
- a framework that protects the environmental values of our natural areas and prioritises the safety of trail users and volunteers.
The program is part of Council's commitment to creating a clean, green and sustainable Brisbane.
Upcoming trail care days
Dates and times - 2023
- Sunday 2 December, 7-11am.
How to get involved
If you would like to get involved in trail care, submit an online expression of interest (EOI) application.
No experience is required. Training, support and guidance will be provided on the day by an experienced contractor and the Mt Coot-tha Trail Care team.
Benefits of being involved
Volunteers will have the opportunity to:
- be part of a team that gives back to the mountain biking community
- learn about sustainable trail design, construction and maintenance
- meet like-minded people who share a similar passion for the outdoors
- work with friends outside in nature
- gain a sense of satisfaction in seeing your efforts visibly improve the condition of the trails and benefit other riders
- experience a different kind of fun on the trails.
Trail update notifications
If you'd like to be notified of trail closures, re-openings, or scheduled maintenance works on our trails, email the Mt Coot-tha Trail Care team with the word 'subscribe' in the subject field.
Our trail standards
Council's single-track trails are currently rated to the International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA) standards. All volunteer and contractor works will be undertaken to and aligned with these standards.