Environment education for students - City Botanic Gardens
Did you know the City Botanic Gardens and Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha offer outdoor learning opportunities for school groups? Our lessons include Australian and Education Queensland curricula and have been designed to suit specific prep, primary and secondary levels. Lessons address topics such as:
- social science.
Lessons in the Gardens program
View the complete Lessons in the Gardens program for Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha and City Botanic Gardens, with an option to download the 'Lessons in the Gardens for schools' brochure.
A popular lesson, specific to City Botanic Gardens, is 'City Gardens Time Traveller'. In this activity students explore the history of the City Botanic Gardens and its role in the establishment of the Colony of Brisbane.
The program is offered Tuesday to Friday at 9.30am, 11.30am and 1.30pm. Lessons are 1.5 hours in duration.
- $7.60 per student for classes of 25 to 30 (maximum of 30 students)
- a minimum charge of $151.40 (includes GST) for a class of 24 students or less
- teachers and parents are free
Select a suitable lesson, time and date for your class and then phone the Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha on 07 3403 2535 to make your booking. Have the date, preferred times, number of students and adults, school address, telephone and fax number handy.
The Gardens' staff:
- will help you organise your excursion
- will send you confirmation forms and teacher information kits. Read this information carefully and determine if any sheets need to be photocopied and handed out on the day
- contact you before your excursion to discuss any special requirements and to confirm a meeting place.
We can also cater for multiple groups.
A tax invoice will be mailed to your school after your visit reflecting the number of students who attended the excursion.
For bookings or more information, you can contact the Brisbane Botanic Gardens:
- by phone on 07 3403 2535
- by fax on 07 3403 2552
- by email
- in person at:
Brisbane Botanic Gardens
Mt Coot-tha Road
Toowong Qld 4066.