Sherwood Arboretum upgrades - Sherwood
Brisbane City Council will be undertaking improvement works in Sherwood Arboretum in preparation for its 100th anniversary in 2025.
The first project to be delivered will be an upgrade to some sections of the pathway network.
The existing footpath is starting to show cracks and signs of wear. This may be due to the recent weather events and flooding, as well as age.
Construction to upgrade the footpath will start in early June and is due to be completed by the end of July 2022 (weather and conditions permitting).
Construction works will include:
- increasing the width of the path to become a 3-metre shared pathway from the carpark (and alternate entry from Jolimont Street) through the gardens to the existing toilet block. The standard width footpath will continue to the Brisbane River
- connecting the pathway to the facilities in the park such as the playground, toilets and picnic areas
- providing an accessible path from the carpark for maintenance vehicles and wheelchairs
- reconfiguring the pathway to reduce the impact of flooding during rain events
- planting trees around the gardens, including along pathways and around existing facilities to increase shade.
If you would like to find out more about this upgrade project, you can:
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- email the Construction team
- write to:
Sherwood Arboretum upgrade
Construction – Community Notification Officer
Brisbane City Council
PO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.