Thrush Street Park project - Inala
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce that stage two works, at Thrush Street Park in Inala, started in mid-June 2023.
Construction started in mid-June 2023 and was completed in Mid-October 2023 with the toilet amenities open for use from Friday, 20 October 2023.
This project was delivered as part of our commitment to create more to see and do in a city that is clean and green, so you can enjoy Brisbane's beautiful climate while connecting with the people and places that make our city great.
We would like to thank the community for their ongoing patience while we completed these important works.
|Thrush Street Park, 120 Inala Avenue, Inala
|upgraded facilities to meet the needs of the local community.
About the project
The project has upgraded the Thrush Street Park to create accessible facilities, and more opportunities for family-friendly outdoor activities, relaxation, and community gathering.
In late 2019, Council asked the community for feedback on an options plan for Thrush Street Park, via information stalls and activities at community events held in Inala.
Community feedback showed strong support for:
- improving the playground, including waterplay elements
- improving the appearance of the park
- providing more for people to do
- providing toilets, more shade, and fitness equipment
- more opportunities for sport, cultural activities, picnic areas and barbecues.
The top three community priorities for Thrush Street Park were playground improvements, picnic areas, and water play. These priorities were upgraded as part of the Thrush Street Park playground project (stage 1), which was completed in June 2022.
In line with the above community feedback, the Thrush Street Park playground was upgraded with new equipment and play elements including:
- flying fox structure
- spinner, group rocker, swings and stepping stones
- elevated play structure with slides, climbing and ground activities
- musical play elements and interactive panels with games
- creek feature with a hand water pump
- misting forest with interactive water sprayers.
In line with community feedback, we have delivered further upgrades to improve accessibility and facilities in Thrush Street Park in September 2023, including:
- a new toilet block with two ambulant unisex toilet cubicles and one Person with a Disability accessible unisex cubicle, compliant with the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) 1992
- an underground sewerage connection to the nearest connection point across the park
- new DDA compliant pathways connecting the car park, toilet and playground.
We thank the Inala community for their input on Thrush Street Park and their patience while we delivered these important works.
For more information about the Thrush Street Park upgrades – stage two, you can:
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- email the project team.