Wally Tate Park ugprade project - Runcorn
Brisbane City Council is pleased to advise that following the release of the final concept plan in July 2019, works to upgrade Wally Tate Park will start in August 2020.
|Address||Beenleigh Road, Runcorn|
|Project outcomes||An upgraded district sport and recreation park|
|Latest update||Start of construction|
About the project
Situated in the southern Brisbane suburbs of Runcorn, Kuraby and Eight Mile Plains, Wally Tate Park stretches broadly from Underwood Road in the north to Beenleigh Road and the Beenleigh/Gold Coast rail line in the south.
The Wally Tate Park upgrade will create more to see and do in a clean and green Brisbane, and provide more opportunities to enjoy Brisbane's beautiful climate and connect with family and friends in the places that make our city great.
Construction works will include:
- reconfiguring the dog off-leash area with minor boundary re-alignments
- relocating services
- constructing a new public amenities building
- constructing a new clubhouse to be leased to the community
- constructing new footpaths and picnic shelters
- widening the access road
- constructing a shared pedestrian and bicycle pathway
- constructing a new car park
- constructing a new junior cricket field to be shared by the Queensland Lure Coursing Association and the Kuraby Knights cricket club; this will include irrigation, lighting and drainage
- constructing a new shared viewing area for the Queensland Lure Coursing Association and the Kuraby Knights cricket club; including storage and shelter
- constructing four new cricket practice nets with lighting
- upgrading the senior cricket field with drainage, irrigation and lighting
- landscaping and revegetation.
212 tree removals will be required to enable the works to occur. All vegetation impacts will be offset in accordance with Council's environmental policies and relevant legislative requirements, including one-for-one replanting at this site.
Download the detailed design plan in your preferred format:
- Wally Tate Park upgrade detailed design plan (PDF - 6.6Mb)
- Wally Tate Park upgrade detailed design plan (Word - 1.8Mb).
The Wally Tate Park upgrade project proposes a green space that:
- enhances existing sporting facilities
- provides new public amenities
- accommodates a variety of park users and visitors.
|Mid-2019||Stage one works completed|
|Late 2019||Detailed design completed|
|August 2020||Stage two works proposed to commence|
|Late 2021||Stage two works expected to be completed|
If you would like to find out more about the project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Wally Tate Park upgrade project
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.